Weird problem: Menu doesn't fit my screen

So I just got the PS4 versions and when i'm trying choose a song, the button choices in the bottom right get cut off. I can guess what they are but it's just very annoying. Funnily enough the Persona 3 version is more zoomed in then Persona 5.

I've tried two TVs and adjusted the aspect ratio for both of them and they don't help. Yes I have adujsted the zoom settings on my TV's as well.

Have you checked in your PS4 display settings from the consoles main menu (Not in game, but the console settings)? Your screen area may be set beyond what your TV shows there

Edited by BlindMango

Sounds like the usual overscan problem that most games have nowadays.. if you can, just run the game through PC remote play, if it looks ok there, then it's overscan (for some odd reason, while all TVs do that, the remote play actually displays it properly, maybe it's because on PC, it's a window that always shows everything, but we can resize it?). The zoom in thing on PS4 actually don't do anything ingame, and there's no way to change that on the PS4, but some TVs let you turn off overscan and that should fix it.

It's quite annoying when some games put relevant info really close to the border of the screen (main reason why I mainly played SAO re:HF with remote play.. but then with remote play there comes added lag, that's not good in games that require precise inputs from the player).

I will leave this here for you to read if you want.

https://www.engadget.com/2010/05/27/hd-101-overscan-and-why-all-tvs-do-it/?guccounter=1

29 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Have you checked in your PS4 display settings from the consoles main menu (Not in game, but the console settings)? Your screen area may be set beyond what your TV shows there

I've set it to the lowest possible screen setting and nothing changes even after a reboot.

10 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Sounds like the usual overscan problem that most games have nowadays.. if you can, just run the game through PC remote play, if it looks ok there, then it's overscan (for some odd reason, while all TVs do that, the remote play actually displays it properly, maybe it's because on PC, it's a window that always shows everything, but we can resize it?). The zoom in thing on PS4 actually don't do anything ingame, and there's no way to change that on the PS4, but some TVs let you turn off overscan and that should fix it.

It's quite annoying when some games put relevant info really close to the border of the screen (main reason why I mainly played SAO re:HF with remote play.. but then with remote play there comes added lag, that's not good in games that require precise inputs from the player).

I will leave this here for you to read if you want.

https://www.engadget.com/2010/05/27/hd-101-overscan-and-why-all-tvs-do-it/?guccounter=1

Yeah that's gonna suck having to resort to remote play... thanks for the info though.

Depending on the TV, you can go into the TV's settings menus and adjust the height, width, along with vertical and horizontal length. Most newer TV's have those settings in them but if you bought an HDTV around 2005 - 2010 there's a chance it's just overscanned and annoyingly nothing is adjustable =/

If you're comfortable you can enter the firmware settings on your tv. You'll have to look up how to do it for your make/model. I don't remember all the options my 2010 Panasonic Plasma had in the firmware, but you may be able to remedy the situation better that way. And it can be reversed. 

Also check your receiver if one exists, that itself may be the root cause, it was for me. And can be easily ruled out by simply plugging the ps4 into the tv. 

Edited by Dav9834

39 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

If you're comfortable you can enter the firmware settings on your tv. You'll have to look up how to do it for your make/model. I don't remember all the options my 2010 Panasonic Plasma had in the firmware, but you may be able to remedy the situation better that way. And it can be reversed. 

Also check your receiver if one exists, that itself may be the root cause, it was for me. And can be easily ruled out by simply plugging the ps4 into the tv. 

I checked and I'm not sure if my TV has a firmware update for my model... i'll have to do some more research. I still have some other TV's I can test as well but I'm probably just gonna have to deal with it, it could be worse.:\

Oh yeah, and all of them are affected by this. I got the triple pack. P4 being the worst offender imho. Weird how i've never encountered this problem.

Edited by ihasmudkips

4 hours ago, ihasmudkips said:

I checked and I'm not sure if my TV has a firmware update for my model... i'll have to do some more research. I still have some other TV's I can test as well but I'm probably just gonna have to deal with it, it could be worse.:\

Oh yeah, and all of them are affected by this. I got the triple pack. P4 being the worst offender imho. Weird how i've never encountered this problem.

No not a firmware update, the actual settings in the firmware. Like this (just an example) 

But maybe this will be more use to you. 

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/Edges-of-screen-cut-off-on-specific-apps-PS4/td-p/25200431

Edited by Dav9834