Kojima to make his games multiplatform

Lady Lilith

http://www.psu.com/a019096/Hideo-Kojima-loves-Sony-but-says-its-time-to-go-multiplatform

Legendary developer Hideo Kojima has reflected on his long-running relationship with Sony, stating that although his titles have enjoyed platform-exclusivity with PlayStation formats in the past, the time is right to go multiplatform.

The Metal Gear creator told EDGE that he feels Cloud gaming is the way forward, and in this respect shares a lot in common with Sony. As such, he doesn’t want to limit the experience to just one particular console.

“It’s a tough question to answer. Obviously, I do like Sony, I respect them and I have a lot of things in common with their way of thinking. I think the future of gaming is with cloud technology and cloud gaming,” said Kojima-san.

“I love Sony, I have a Sony camera, but I think if you’re going to enter the cloud generation then there will be a lot of different devices involved and a lot of different ways to interact with that game world.

“I don’t want to limit it to any one platform, but I’m not going to say I’m not going to participate in the events. This time [for the PlayStation Meeting], I kind of would have liked to participate, but I was here tending to Rising’s world tour.”

Kojima is currently working on the Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, which acts as a prelude to the upcoming Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, again due out on current-generation formats.

Wait...wasn't MGS2 Subsistence on Xbox?  Also, the MGS collection and MG Rising.  So uh...I think this news is a little late.

IIRC

Portable Ops is exclusive to PSP

and Guns of the Patriots is exclusive to PS3

MGS1 has been on Playstation and remade for Gamecube

Sons of Liberty, Snake Eater and Peace Walker are on both Ps3 and Xbox ( which also includes Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2)

Also Revengance is also multiplatform so he's not really exclusive to Sony clearly

Edited by A-Brawl3r

As long as a game doesn't suffer on one platform because of the shortcoming of another I have absolutely nothing against multi-platform. Like you said though, the only true exclusive Metal Gear game is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, so I don't see how people can be upset at this news.

Parker