PS Vita cloud storage question

GHOZTPRIME

So I am a PS+ member and I know that a while back Sony enabled a gig of cloud storage for PS Vita. The thing is I still don't know how to move my Vita save files to the cloud.

If someone could provide some instructions or a helpful link I'd really appreciate it.

This is easily sorted out.

Make sure your are connected to the internet via wifi. (tho the 2.10 update now also allows back up over 3G)

Start up Content Manager and connect to Online storage.

Choose to copy saved data from Vita to Online storage

this will bring you to a list of all the games you have in the Vita.

Pick the (i) to the right to set each for automatic back up in turn.

then choose select all to up load.

Sit back and let watch as your Vita takes care of business for you.

• Like 1

This is easily sorted out.Make sure your are connected to the internet via wifi. (tho the 2.10 update now also allows back up over 3G)Start up Content Manager and connect to Online storage.Choose to copy saved data from Vita to Online storagethis will bring you to a list of all the games you have in the Vita.Pick the (i) to the right to set each for automatic back up in turn.then choose select all to up load.Sit back and let watch as your Vita takes care of business for you.

Worked like a charm! Thanks, man :))

I have mine set to upload automatically but I don't actually know if it does. I know it won't upload when playing a game and if I am not playing a game or updating the firmware or installing a game then my vita is powered off. Maybe if I just left it in standby for a day after playing a game then I would see if it automatically backups to the cloud.

• 2 weeks later...

As it was mentioned above I decided to check if my Vita was auto uploading my game saves to the Cloud.

I checked all my settings and made sure that each game was enabled to for the auto back up.

I played a little of Big Sky Infinity and then set the Vita to standby and went to bed.

Next morning I checked the Vita and it said it had sync'd the trophies and had backed up BSK som 3 hours previously. I checked the online save and it was timed at 5.24 am. It also dl'd an update for LBP.

Last night I was playing Virtue's Last Reward and I left the Vita on standby.

This morning same messages but instead of BSK it was VLR that was the game listed. Time for the backup was 5.28am.

So auto back up is working and its happening on my Vita around 5.30am.

But you do have to leave the Vita in standby mode to make it happen.

Also Near appears to do some sort of check around 1.30 am as the Vita has told me the number of people in the area at that time.

I have the Vita a month now and near says that I have met over 6 people over 5 times and over 60 in total. It also says I have travelled over 8000km in that month, which is about 170 miles per day over the 30 days!

I have no idea what any of this Near stuff does but my Vita is sure getting around a bit!

Edited by Nasty_Rory