GTA Heists, just a few questions

SirPigFace

I haven't really played this game much since they added the new Heists. I am looking to get Elitist and Mastermind trophies done in the coming weeks and I have a couple of questions. 

1. To get these trophies am I required to complete 3 different full heists as well as completing the challenges (time, headshots etc..)? As in a 2 player run completing Act I II & III with all the challenges complete and then a 3 player and 4 player run doing the same thing? Seems like overkill from Rockstar

2. I have also seen something about quitting if someone dies and you keep your progress? Is this just a quick dashboard and close the game and does it still work? I think this one probably the most important considering how long this could take

Edited by SirPigFace

To answer all your questions. If someone quits or rage off the game then yeah you have to start again. GTA V PS4 if your referring to? Then use the guide to look at the specific details on what heist your going after and what task it gives you for.

3 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

To answer all your questions. If someone quits or rage off the game then yeah you have to start again. GTA V PS4 if your referring to? Then use the guide to look at the specific details on what heist your going after and what task it gives you for.

yeah I get that but I have read that if you and your team die, you can all quit and the progress stays. Just making sure that's still a thing

1. For Masterminds you need to complete every Doomsday Heist on hard difficulty, in order and with the same group of people, without any deaths during setup or finale missions. It's fine to die during the preparations because they take place in public lobbies and other players will be able to kill you there.

That all needs to be done three separate times. Once with a group of 4 players, once with a group of 3, and another with a group of 2.

For Elitist, you only need to complete each finale's elite challenge at least once:

Act 1: Complete in 5:30, get at least 78 kills, nobody dies

Act 2: Complete in 15:00, the avenger takes 5% damage or less, nobody dies

Act 3: Complete in 30:00, get at least 150 headshots, no hacks failed, nobody dies

2. Quitting when someone dies still saves your progress if you do it fast enough. There's a few seconds between a death and the game syncing to Rockstar's servers. It's a generous amount of time if you're paying attention.

I've heard that if a personal vehicle is destroyed during a mission that it can sync instantly, so if you're killed at the same time you may not get enough time to quit.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

1. For Masterminds you need to complete every Doomsday Heist on hard difficulty, in order and with the same group of people, without any deaths during setup or finale missions. It's fine to die during the preparations because they take place in public lobbies and other players will be able to kill you there.

That all needs to be done three separate times. Once with a group of 4 players, once with a group of 3, and another with a group of 2.

For Elitist, you only need to complete each finale's elite challenge at least once:

Act 1: Complete in 5:30, get at least 78 kills, nobody dies

Act 2: Complete in 15:00, the avenger takes 5% damage or less, nobody dies

Act 3: Complete in 30:00, get at least 150 headshots, no hacks failed, nobody dies

2. Quitting when someone dies still saves your progress if you do it fast enough. There's a few seconds between a death and the game syncing to Rockstar's servers. It's a generous amount of time if you're paying attention.

I've heard that if a personal vehicle is destroyed during a mission that it can sync instantly, so if you're killed at the same time you may not get enough time to quit.

thanks a lot, makes a lot more sense now. So for Mastermind you don't actually need to worry about the challenges, you just need to stay alive and finish with same people?