Pellucid impossible? (Update: it isn't)

TrulySilentLie

I turn to the forums here since this game has close to zero talk online and for once I am stumped when it comes to looking up information on how to earn a trophy, said trophy being the one in the title, Pellucid.

For those who don't know, Pellucid is earned by clearing out a difficult dungeon of all enemies. Now I did manage to get Lucid, which is the same but for an easy dungeon, and that was awarded when I also beat the boss of the dungeon. This makes me think that the trophy has several hidden conditions that aren't obvious from the trophy description, and that can make earning it impossible unless you fulfill them all in one run. I am also questioning if it has to be me that makes all the kills, as in any kills made by the companion will void the trophy. Seeing as there isn't any information online to find on this, but there being people who have gotten the trophy here, I felt like asking to see if anyone could offer some perspective on this. Could be of course that one of the later patches made the trophy buggy as well of course.

So, to anyone who has earned it, what can you say about the trophy that might help me earn it? It's literally the final trophy I have left before platinum, and it doesn't seem like it's supposed to be a trophy harder to earn than the trophy for beating the game on Permadeath mode without the nanosword

• 2 weeks later...

@TrulySilentLie have you tried to contact the dev.? Here's the twitter: https://twitter.com/wizard_fu?lang=es

btw, someone got the trophy 30th April: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/6549-songbringer/23-pellucid Did you contact him? The patch was release 25-26 of April and he achieved it 4-5 days later. Maybe he played without patch, but I doubt it.

I'm super interested in the game, but if it has an unachievable trophy, I won't buy it.

Edited by JorgeSleep
  • Like 1

I have gotten a response from the devs and they said they might look into it, seems like it's more an issue of it being very picky with it's unlock requirements for some reason. Gonna make a try eventually again, but from what I can tell all enemies have to be killed on the first run of the dungeon, boss included, without going outside the dungeon or reload the save.

It is an awesome game in the end though, just this trophy is really weird

• 4 weeks later...

Dunno what the issue was in the end to be honest, just had to start a new save, and I think it was dungeon 7 where I made sure I:

Never left the dungeon at all after having entered it for the first time

Never died/used the trick to save and quit to menu to avoid the death

Made sure to kill everything in every room that can be killed (that does mean the one-time only enemies for the dungeon item, boss door and the spirits that can only be killed with fire or lightning)

And of course also killed the boss at the same run (without exiting the dungeon through the room with the boss reward)

I ended up having a room or two with enemies after the boss, and still got the trophy by clearing them out. It is imperative that you never leave the dungeon in any way after having entered it, I believe that's what could make it bugged (even the dev support did indicate that it could be the problem, although not necessarily the main reason). Also, even though dungeon 6 (the one with multiple floors), the ship and the final dungeon all count as difficult dungeons, the trophy is impossible to acquire from these, since the loading of different floors respawns enemies on other floors, and the boss in the ship works differently.

It's possible to get, now that I have gotten it, but there are a little too much you have to ensure goes right before you attempt it. Pro-tip, make back-up saves before entering the dungeon you intend

Also, my world seed I used was Tusile. Not sure how much difference that makes though

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 4.8.2018 at 10:21 PM, TrulySilentLie said:

Dunno what the issue was in the end to be honest, just had to start a new save, and I think it was dungeon 7 where I made sure I:

Never left the dungeon at all after having entered it for the first time

Never died/used the trick to save and quit to menu to avoid the death

Made sure to kill everything in every room that can be killed (that does mean the one-time only enemies for the dungeon item, boss door and the spirits that can only be killed with fire or lightning)

And of course also killed the boss at the same run (without exiting the dungeon through the room with the boss reward)

I ended up having a room or two with enemies after the boss, and still got the trophy by clearing them out. It is imperative that you never leave the dungeon in any way after having entered it, I believe that's what could make it bugged (even the dev support did indicate that it could be the problem, although not necessarily the main reason). Also, even though dungeon 6 (the one with multiple floors), the ship and the final dungeon all count as difficult dungeons, the trophy is impossible to acquire from these, since the loading of different floors respawns enemies on other floors, and the boss in the ship works differently.

It's possible to get, now that I have gotten it, but there are a little too much you have to ensure goes right before you attempt it. Pro-tip, make back-up saves before entering the dungeon you intend

Also, my world seed I used was Tusile. Not sure how much difference that makes though

How hard would you rate this plat?