Wrong DLC trophy percentage

Hi everybody,

today I was checking my earned trophy in rarity orders, and these two uncharted 3 trophies caught my attention: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1126-Uncharted-3-Drakes-Deception/68-Hoarder | https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1126-Uncharted-3-Drakes-Deception/78-Collector

About 300K users can achieve those trophies, but only 1k actually achieve them. Percentage is 10%.

Now, if math doesn't fool me, right percentage should be 3% (with varoius approximation, of course).

Am I missing anything? Or new DLC-based rarity has a bug?

Edited by Boh717

He understand what you're all saying guys, but he means that this should be fixed someway or another. But I have no clue how, since I don't think there's any more space for a DLC name/number and the owners of that DLC.

I'm sure Sly has or is able to find a solution for that, but I think he's pretty busy lately since I haven't seen him much the last couple days or week. But he sure did an excellent job on the statitics page. :)

I had a long discussion about this issue in the announcement thread made in the Development Updates forum. The way DLC percentages works now is that if someone didn't get a trophy in the DLC they are not used in the calculation. Basically there could be a lot more people unaccounted for because they didn't get 1 trophy in the DLC, so real rarity % is off.

That aside, you are right for this particular issue. It should show the number of owners of DLC somewhere instead of total number of game owners.

I had a long discussion about this issue in the announcement thread made in the Development Updates forum. The way DLC percentages works now is that if someone didn't get a trophy in the DLC they are not used in the calculation. Basically there could be a lot more people unaccounted for because they didn't get 1 trophy in the DLC, so real rarity % is off.

That aside, you are right for this particular issue. It should show the number of owners of DLC somewhere instead of total number of game owners.

Yeah, I read how it works. Probably it's not the best precise way to count DLC owners, but it's surely the fastest one and on the average it perfectly works, also because who purchases a DLC often earn its trophies.

I'm pretty sure he found out after 5 similar replies....

I don't know why I'm still trying...

Thanks for your support ;-D

• Like 1

Yes, I had some clarity problems =P

Anyway, it's not trophy advisor, it's the list of my earned trophies ordered by rarity. I don't know if it affects trophy advisor too.

Edited by Boh717

• 1 month later...

Since the relevant development topic about the new trophy advisor has been closed, I'll mention here that this revised system doesn't work for many pre-2010 games like BioShock 1 & 2, which DLC trophies were not displayed separately (with the + sign on top of the trophy icon) but instead counted as standard trophies. For example, Minerva's Den trophies are considered "ultra rare" by the trophy advisor, although I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be that rare if they were properly filed as DLC trophies.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3-BioShock

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/223-BioShock-2

This is probably because how the trophies/DLC are treated/stored on Sony's servers. I believe this site tries to do most stuff automatically by using the information that can be accessed from Sony.

Going through all pre-2010 games to fix DLC trophies because Sony don't have that information themselves requires a lot of manual work.

• Like 2