Mission 45

I read when you start side op 150 it leads you straight to mission 45 so wear heavy armour, etc. 

I decided just to do a mine clearing op instead as I wasn't planning to play for too long.  It turns out instead of putting me on the mine clearing op (where I wore the basic olive drab & got rid of all surplus mines/weapons to save money), it chucked me into the mission I was trying to avoid.

Is there any way possible to get out of it and armour up or is that my game goosed?  I'm not good enough at the game to complete the level without taking a single hit and I can't find any way back to prepare properly.

Also, can anyone suggest any similar games without the supernatural/robot part to it?  I like the 3rd person army part of it but I'm really not keen on the sci-fi elements.

Ugh, this was a stupid choice in game design, indeed. I read in another forum somewhere that the only way to abort the mission is if you have the +cargo 2 fulton upgrade, you can ride the fuel resources container next to the palace back to the chopper. Do a 180 degree turn behind you when the actual mission starts (i.e. the tank fires at you) and the container will be right there. Can't personally confirm if it works though. I had the same problem when I first got stuck in that mission so out of sheer stubbornness/persistence and dozens of retries, I beat the mission outright by blowing up everything with the supplied Grom launcher. Wish I had known the cargo trick at that time. ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SuperUnDonny said:

Ugh, this was a stupid choice in game design, indeed. I read in another forum somewhere that the only way to abort the mission is if you have the +cargo 2 fulton upgrade, you can ride the fuel resources container next to the palace back to the chopper. Do a 180 degree turn behind you when the actual mission starts (i.e. the tank fires at you) and the container will be right there. Can't personally confirm if it works though. I had the same problem when I first got stuck in that mission so out of sheer stubbornness/persistence and dozens of retries, I beat the mission outright by blowing up everything with the supplied Grom launcher. Wish I had known the cargo trick at that time. 1f615.png

Thanks, I'll give it a try next time.  I've fully upgraded my fulton as far as I remember but I switched down to the basic fulton when I was prepping for the mine clearing.  

I'm fairly certain once you've unlocked the full +cargo 2 upgrade it allows you to fulton anything regardless of what rank you deployed with. If I remember correctly, the rank only affects the number of balloons you can carry (12/24/36/48) and the speed that it gets carried away (lower ranks seem to hover above the ground for a longer period before flying away)...so you should be good to go even though you downgraded. ?

• Like 1

I had the same thing happen to me on the XB1 version, I dropped down to do another side op, and got confused because I dropped down right into side op 150....I cleared everyone out...but stopped before picking up the file...realizing what it was. 

There are 2 things you can do. You CAN abort the mission, taking you back to the helicopter. I didn't do this, but when I was getting frustrated during mission 45 I did see that it was an option. No fulton to worry about, it's in the main menu. Honestly, probably it's easiest thing to do. 

You can also request specific supply drops behind the palace. if you need a new weapon, better armor, etc. This does waste a little more time though, which can make things tougher.

Edited by Floorkiller74

7 hours ago, SuperUnDonny said:

I read in another forum somewhere that the only way to abort the mission is if you have the +cargo 2 fulton upgrade, you can ride the fuel resources container next to the palace back to the chopper.

Thanks, this worked.  Turned out I was stupid and went to the yellow circle instead of the blue one for the mine-clearing

4 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

You can also request specific supply drops behind the palace. if you need a new weapon, better armor, etc. This does waste a little more time though, which can make things tougher.

I had managed to drop weapons but never knew you could drop armour as well.  Cheers

On 7/25/2018 at 10:58 AM, JWHilliard said:

Thanks, this worked.  Turned out I was stupid and went to the yellow circle instead of the blue one for the mine-clearing

I had managed to drop weapons but never knew you could drop armour as well.  Cheers

Tool up on Armour behind the Palace:

And no matter what rank; you will have to perfect this Mission anyways for the S Rank:

See MaliceNX on Youtube: Hes one of the best at MGS TPP I have seen EVER:

Check this Action out:  

• Like 1

On 31/07/2018 at 1:07 AM, snacklepuss said:

And no matter what rank; you will have to perfect this Mission anyways for the S Rank:

Cheers , I managed to fluke an S rank for it somehow but I think after I've got level 50 out the way I'm going to give in with it for a while.  I don't really fancy going through most of them another twice for S Rank & all objectives.  

Edited by JWHilliard