Game advisor

The trophy advisor is awesome but it got me thinking about if it would be possible to have a game advisor. Just like on Amazon where it says "people who read these three books you read also enjoyed this other book..." Thoughts?

• Like 1

interesting although, it might not work unless the site knows what kinda genre of games you like. that actually might be a good idea to implement something like that, then your idea could be easily be implemented. :awesome:

In terms of the calculation the site already has the information needed as it has a record of the games I have played and a record of what you have played etc. It would then just compare my list with everyone else's list. Say Gamer 1 and Gamer 2 had 10 games in common but Gamer 1 only has one game in common with Gamer 3, it is then a reasonable assumption to say that Gamer 1 will enjoy another game from Gamer 2's list more than a game from Gamer 3's list. This is a simple example but the prediction becomes more accurate as you add more comparisons.

The trophy advisor works off percentages, but you would need an algorithm to help decided what game is next. Perhaps more work that the advisor.

I imagine it would be more work than the advisor but I still think it would be useful.

In terms of the calculation the site already has the information needed as it has a record of the games I have played and a record of what you have played etc. It would then just compare my list with everyone else's list. Say Gamer 1 and Gamer 2 had 10 games in common but Gamer 1 only has one game in common with Gamer 3, it is then a reasonable assumption to say that Gamer 1 will enjoy another game from Gamer 2's list more than a game from Gamer 3's list. This is a simple example but the prediction becomes more accurate as you add more comparisons

Sounds like it would give the databases a whack !!

I don't think comparing player by player is a good idea, unless you use only the ones you have on your friend list. Otherwise you could get very random games considering the amount. The only way I could see this working is if the system takes the game with the bigger average completion (I'm sure the site already have this data) and suggest that you play it, if you have it already, then it shows the next one, maybe add an ignore button if the game suggested is not of your liking.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the site needs this feature to be honest, it already has a section for the most popular games on the front page, I think anymore would be too much for the site.

I look on here for what trophies I need not what games I'd like! Plus there is always the chat of and forums if you're struggling to be recommended games!!

• Like 1