Hitman 2 to get all six Hitman 1 (2016) locations as DLC, free for owners of Hitman 1

Oobedoob S Benubi

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/hitman-2-dlc-revamps-hitman-1-levels-will-be-free-/1100-6461265/

Hitman 2, due for release early November, will get all six locations from the 2016 game as Hitman Legacy DLC. The price is unknown but it will be free for all who own the 2016 game.

The maps will be updated for the gameplay changes that Hitman 2 introduces, including but not limited to usage of mirrors, of which several fans complained that they did nothing in the 2016 game while previous Hitman installments had NPCs notice agent 47 if he was viewable through a mirror.

Personally, I think this is cool news. It instantly gives Hitman 2 a lot more content than just its own six locations.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, re_panos said:

I guess this doesn't apply to the people that have the physical copy, right?

It doesn't say. But it might just be that they do some form of downloading through the first game or some such. We'll see when we get there, I guess.

9 minutes ago, soniq said:

Pretty good! Have yet to play the first and will just du that as part of 2, whenever I get around to it. Probably when they add the legacy DLC into 3. :D

Note that getting the locations does not necessarily equal getting the story missions. The news item doesn't say if the stories are included, or if the maps are getting new missions or elusive targets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

Let's hope they actually put a platinum on the trophy list this time. 

Do trophies have to derail every thread? This thread wasn't even about the game in general, just about specific DLC.

Yes, Hitman 2 is not episodic so odds are high you'll get your precious digital platinum trophy this time.

2 hours ago, re_panos said:

I guess this doesn't apply to the people that have the physical copy, right?

Why wouldn't it? The game must detect your account on on Hitman 1 and automatically give you access (hopefully) to all Hitman 1 maps, suits and weapons :P 

I'm quite excited to replay all remastered versions of the game with the new features, specially when people can see you through mirrors, that will make things interesting :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bpmotard said:

Why wouldn't it? The game must detect your account on on Hitman 1 and automatically give you access (hopefully) to all Hitman 1 maps, suits and weapons :P 

The reasoning behind that doubt, which I had, was that your PlayStation doesn't see your retail games as owned (as in it still has a purchase button if you're playing something on disc).

Of course, just checking for Hitman accounts instead of who actually currently owns the game would bypass all that, but I don't know if they'll do it that way, since it rewards all people who have sold their physical copy. I'm willing to bet that it only works for current owners, in some way.

4 minutes ago, bpmotard said:

I'm quite excited to replay all remastered versions of the game with the new features, specially when people can see you through mirrors, that will make things interesting :D

Curbing expectations: we don't actually know yet if we also get the original missions. Seems plausible, but hasn't been confirmed.

• Like 1