question about easy mode

EternalChaos72

hi guys, if i do easy mode and collect all the blue orbs on that mode do they not carry over to normal mode? does this mean i need to collect the orbs on each difficulty? i was thinking on starting easy mode first to get the secret missions/blue orbs outta the way because they are too hard at the start of normal mode. and having to restart a mission over again to complete the failed secret mission is a pain.

hi guys, if i do easy mode and collect all the blue orbs on that mode do they not carry over to normal mode? does this mean i need to collect the orbs on each difficulty? i was thinking on starting easy mode first to get the secret missions/blue orbs outta the way because they are too hard at the start of normal mode. and having to restart a mission over again to complete the failed secret mission is a pain.

It's been awhile since i played devil may cry but from what i remember blue orbs/ upgrades don't carry over from easy mode. They do however carry over from normal to hard. So it will be pointless collecting all the upgrades on easy, as you will have to recollect them on normal.

It's been awhile since i played devil may cry but from what i remember blue orbs/ upgrades don't carry over from easy mode. They do however carry over from normal to hard. So it will be pointless collecting all the upgrades on easy, as you will have to recollect them on normal.

this is something i wasnt hoping to hear :( this is gonna be an absolute nightmare to platinum then because if you fail a secret mission you have to restart that particular level is that true aswell? :(

EDIT: for example that 3 beasts mission in chapter 1 or 2, i died on that and when i tried to go back to it it wouldnt work. 

Edited by EternalChaos72

this is something i wasnt hoping to hear :( this is gonna be an absolute nightmare to platinum then because if you fail a secret mission you have to restart that particular level is that true aswell? :(

EDIT: for example that 3 beasts mission in chapter 1 or 2, i died on that and when i tried to go back to it it wouldnt work. 

If I can platinum this game then anyone can! (probably :P)

You do have to restart the level if you fail a secret mission, but luckily the levels are relatively short so it isn't too much of a problem. The most difficult thing I found on Normal mode was trying to finish the game without using a Yellow Orb (the Mundus fight was a bitch).

I'm also sure I read somewhere that once you go into Easy mode then you can't get out of it. Apparently when you finish the game you can only restart it in Easy mode and it doesn't give you the option of any other difficulty. I don't have any personal experience of whether this is true or not though.

All orbs carry over through playthroughs, and any Blue Orbs you have previously collected are replaced with Yellow Orbs. You can also stockpile Untouchables, Devil Stars and Holy Waters through playthroughs which come in handy when tackling Dante Must Die mode ;).

Edited by Stevieboy

I'm also sure I read somewhere that once you go into Easy mode then you can't get out of it. Apparently when you finish the game you can only restart it in Easy mode and it doesn't give you the option of any other difficulty. I don't have any personal experience of whether this is true or not though.

This is true about easy mode, it would just be a wasted playthrough as you wouldn't be able to keep any blue orbs you found etc. 

Also I would say stockpiling untouchables makes DMD mode about 10 times easier. I reckon I'd still be fighting Vergil 3 now if I didn't use any items against him. :P

I Made the Mistake of Not Stockpiling for DMD mode & Now I'm stuck in Nightmare 1... :(

But everything said about Easymode is True... Once you're in it, you can't get out....

As for the Secret Missions Bit, I could swear I could just restart the Secret Missions Over & Over w/o having to reset the entire level....

Will do Some testing Later tonight & Will get back to you with the Results...

As for the Secret Missions Bit, I could swear I could just restart the Secret Missions Over & Over w/o having to reset the entire level....

I'm pretty sure you can replay most secret missions as many times as you want, infact it may only be the 3 beasts one that you can't constantly retry.

I may be wrong though, haven't played the game in a while and too lazy to check now haha.  :lol:

I Made the Mistake of Not Stockpiling for DMD mode & Now I'm stuck in Nightmare 1... :(

But everything said about Easymode is True... Once you're in it, you can't get out....

I'm pretty sure you can replay most secret missions as many times as you want, infact it may only be the 3 beasts one that you can't constantly retry.

I may be wrong though, haven't played the game in a while and too lazy to check now haha.  :lol:

Thinking back I do remember that some secret missions were replayable, while others needed you to restart the level. Unfortunately I can't remember which particular secret missions you could replay and which ones you couldn't.

thanks for all your replies folks, i think ihave it worked out. i deliberately missed out on the 3 beasts and another secret mission where you fight another 3 shadows in a smaller space. so basically i will have have to complete 2 secret missions for the trophy max out your health bar. im going to go to easy mode after my normal PT. to clean up misc trophies such as untouchable and the smashing sensation trophies. wait.... after completing normal mode i can go onto easy and earn the other 2 blue orbs and they will count? i havent reverted to easy mode when i was offered so i should be ok? oh and thanks for the DMD tips im gonna stock up on untouchables and whatnot on my easy PT. 

P.S those shadows are cute, only until they open there mouths really wide and try to eat you lol. 

thanks for all your replies folks, i think ihave it worked out. i deliberately missed out on the 3 beasts and another secret mission where you fight another 3 shadows in a smaller space. so basically i will have have to complete 2 secret missions for the trophy max out your health bar. im going to go to easy mode after my normal PT. to clean up misc trophies such as untouchable and the smashing sensation trophies. wait.... after completing normal mode i can go onto easy and earn the other 2 blue orbs and they will count? i havent reverted to easy mode when i was offered so i should be ok? oh and thanks for the DMD tips im gonna stock up on untouchables and whatnot on my easy PT. 

P.S those shadows are cute, only until they open there mouths really wide and try to eat you lol. 

I don't see why you couldn't do, but I don't think it's really necessary tbh. Saying that I'm not sure if you can drop down to easy from hard, I certainly wasn't given the option. There is a mission where you're inside a sunken ship (I think) that's really short and very easy to do without getting hit, also getting an S rank on a mission isn't that hard and will probably come naturally anyways. From the looks of my trophies I got an S rank on mission 3 of normal mode, so it may be easy to do so on that mission, can't honestly remember...  :hmm:

I don't see why you couldn't do, but I don't think it's really necessary tbh. Saying that I'm not sure if you can drop down to easy from hard, I certainly wasn't given the option. There is a mission where you're inside a sunken ship (I think) that's really short and very easy to do without getting hit, also getting an S rank on a mission isn't that hard and will probably come naturally anyways. From the looks of my trophies I got an S rank on mission 3 of normal mode, so it may be easy to do so on that mission, can't honestly remember...  :hmm:

oh bugger, i just passed the ship level :( im on chapter 17 now. i wonder how i can get onto easy mode :hmm:

oh bugger, i just passed the ship level :( im on chapter 17 now. i wonder how i can get onto easy mode :hmm:

I did the untouchable trophy on hard difficulty, as you know what to expect from the level, also I think there's a secret mission or something in there as well which you won't have to bother with second time round. The actual level is super short, like a minute or so, if you get head straight through it ignoring anything unnecessary.

i have a feelin i will have to do those secret missions over again unless they carry over to other playthroughs?

They almost definitely do, looking at my trophies I got the secret's out 3 hours after finishing normal mode. So I must've just left a couple of the harder ones to do when I had more life etc.  

They almost definitely do, looking at my trophies I got the secret's out 3 hours after finishing normal mode. So I must've just left a couple of the harder ones to do when I had more life etc.  

this is champion news! i thought i wouldve had to redo those over again.