Lara not grabbing ledges

Quink666

So been playing on easy to get all collectibles out of the way and tried memorizing the game for my Deadly Obsession playthrough. 

But then i remembered that the game only saves when you visit camp fires. 

That would not be a problem if  the game always did as it should, but Lara regurlarly fails to grab edges when it is out of the players control.

Im talking about when sliding down a rope all you should have to do i press forward on LS and she should grab the edge. Or when i have a simple gap while climbing left/right along a normal edge, i press the direction needed wait for Lara to extend her hand that way and jump but she decides not to grab anything and commit suicide for the 57th time. 

I have died atleast 60-80 times (no joke)  from Lara doing nothing in such situations and after shes done nothing she always bounced up to space twitching like crazy.

Im ofc not talking about stone walls where i have to press :square: im talking notmal edges that Lara should grab.

It is totally impossible to not have this happen during DO run or should i expect o to die atleast another 60-80 times and risk  loosing hours of progress each time?

I didn't have her spaz out and lead to quite as many deaths as you but I've only played DO so far and so can be quite useless sometimes.

No intuition. Or if you make a jump that *should* work you die cause you didn't follow the games rules.

The things is, if you die in the same spot a few times in DO, you learn to get back there pretty quick, skip all the mats and collectibles and just get it done. Revisit for loot. Except for corpses, loot as you go.