Save/Reload trick, how?

VirtualNight

I have a doubt about this trick, to check how this could work i tried to get Digger trophy on my 3rd underground chest or so, but the trophy didn't pop after some saves/loads so i continued to play to unlock it later normally.

But now, i need to pick 100 locks, i explored awhile the islands and dlcs but i'm still missing the trophy so is time to use the trick, but since it didn't work for Digger, i'd like to know more in details how to do it.

The .org guide says to do a new save file after a picklock, but you can have max 10 save slots before be forced to overwrite, so if i overwrite a save wouldn't i actually make no progress toward the trophy? i wonder if this actually denied me the Digger trophy first.

Isn't the save and load trick just that if you fail, you just load back? So you would just need two slots. One backup you can load, and one that you play on and that might get overwritten or something when you try to pick a lot. Can't remember having any issues with it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Isn't the save and load trick just that if you fail, you just load back? So you would just need two slots. One backup you can load, and one that you play on and that might get overwritten or something when you try to pick a lot. Can't remember having any issues with it.

Is what i did for Digger without success ?.

Make your initial save and when you're done with what you're grinding Load up the save you made.

Example: I made save outside giant gate on Kila. I then ran and killed 30 monsters. I then reloaded the save. Then I would go and kill the same 30 and reload the same save I had made. After some time I unlocked the 2k monster kill.

Edited by Yadilie
  • Like 1

I never ran into any issues with it, for Digger or any others (I used it for the lock picking and also for grinding monster kills).

You start with save 1, which you make directly before picking the lock.

Then you pick the lock and save the file onto a new slot (save 2).

You then reload save 1, pick the same lock again, and overwrite save 2. And repeat this step until your trophy unlocks.

I had zero issues personally, and I just played recently. The only thing I couldn't get to work according to the guide on pst was the one for making money. For that I had to sell everything, save, then reload my save, and repeat. It didn't work by using the buyback menu when I tried. But all the save reloading stuff worked perfectly fine. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Yadilie said:

Make your initial save and when you're done with what you're grinding Load up the save you made.

Example: I made save outside giant gate on Kila. I then ran and killed 30 monsters. I then reloaded the save. Then I would go and kill the same 30 and reload the same save I had made. After some time I unlocked the 2k monster kill.

Oh, that. I never even did that I think. haha I just did 2k kills naturally.

Got the trophy, thanks to all for the support. I was wondering if overwriting a save wouldn't actually make the trophy progress to reset, but doesn't seem so, i think the reason why Digger didn't pop was because i firstly digged up the chest and then tried the trick ??.

And for Miser yes, the buy/sell trick doesn't seem to work either, you have to sell everything once, then load the save and redo until trophy pops, however in my case i didn't need to make a save after each selling.