Which is better: Venomous Attacks or Flaming Attacks?

Pirelli913

I have six points to spend and was curious which is better: Venomous Attacks or Flaming Attacks? Or is it a matter of preference? I tested maxed out Venom Attacks on three enemies and was in awe at how much damage it did. Venom says it weakens armor, too, but aside from that, the stats seem to be pretty even.

8 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

I have six points to spend and was curious which is better: Venomous Attacks or Flaming Attacks? Or is it a matter of preference? I tested maxed out Venom Attacks on three enemies and was in awe at how much damage it did. Venom says it weakens armor, too, but aside from that, the stats seem to be pretty even.

If u don't plan to ever get more points go for fire there's a gold rank dagger you can get that has Max poison attack on it do does the same job as the ability possibly it has an engraving that u can use on other weapons but I always used both abilities in tandem poison or set them on fire then use the other side while they burn they also are poisoned lol that's what ya call insult and injury

• Like 2

I played the entire game using poison and fire (when it unlocked later) every single fight. Initially I didn't want to use fire because I was quite happy with the damage output poison did, but when I started using fire, I noticed that it did greater damage, almost like the burn damage took off bigger chunks. But during some other fights, I noticed that poison did more damage like different enemies have different weaknesses to either poison or fire.

I noticed that when powering up with either of these, your overpower special attack does much more damage. During battleground fights, you can one shot every captain if you powerup with poison/fire and overpower special attack them

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 1

Pretty much what everybody just said. Plus having both let's you exploit some of the mercenaries vulnerabilities sometimes. The only weird thing to me is the reasoning behind Fire being put at a higher tier than poison. I wonder why they chose that.