I'm a sociopath, AMA.

HaserPL

1 minute ago, HaserPL said:

Not sure why quite early. As a child I was very aggressive, I was beating up bullies to channel my rage on those who kinda deserved it. Since I was a child I was reckless and impulsive, arrogant and irresponsible. Since I was 16 I had episodes when I was drinking a lot. I don't care about most of my family etc. I know that when I was seeing my psychiatrist, he diagnosed me according to Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM 4) and I was already 19 yrs old with a long history of anti social behaviours.

This a cool story indeed, you didn't want to tell in a first place btw, but you didn't answered the most important question.

How do you gather this information for blackmailing?

Just now, Bloodytears1666 said:

This a cool story indeed, you didn't want to tell in a first place btw, but you didn't answered the most important question.

How do you gather this information for blackmailing?

I just wasn't in the mood to tell in details about my childhood. As for blackmailing, I have a lot of friends. Many of them have connections with people who are influential. Sometimes we trade favours. Sometimes I hear some gossip about a person of interest, I sniff around to check if its real and here you have it, a fine piece of shameful information. Sometimes its just being in the right place, in the right time, like in the case of my neighbour. And sometimes I was just pretending to know something, I had like 5% on the actual information, and my boldness just did the job. And also I want to add that I'm not blackmailing each and every person that I despise. It happened, it happens and will happen but it's not that common as it may sound.

2 hours ago, HaserPL said:

I don't feel bad about it, it kinda makes me happy sometimes, to screw with others. But only with those who I personally don't like.

1. I can control myself quite well. I'm surrounded by idiots on my university and on many occasions I would love to punch them.

2. No. If I know that being good in a certain situation will benefit for me in the future, then I will be nice.

3. A higher power you mean god? I'm an atheist. So I guess not?

4. I think so.

Alright Prince Charming

I hear that you will be motivated by what may be beneficial to yourself... This is good. Do negative thoughts such as anger, contempt, revenge, etc. feel good to you? Since you’ve had them so long they may feel normal. But what if I told you, that you don’t have to put up with them? You can chose your thoughts and you can reject the ones that hurt yourself. More than anybody you hurt, your thoughts and actions hurt yourself first. Plus they are not in line with getting people to like you in the long run. 

Are you willingly to experiment with this? Would you like to feel happy and peaceful instead of frustrated over having to deal with “idiots” etc? I’m thinking that you could use your narcissistic bent to overcome your sociopathy - If you start paying attention to the effect your bad thoughts and behavior have on yourself rather than delight in the damage to others that you think you’re getting away with. 

So would you be willing to fight your negative tendencies for the sake of your own well-being?

1 hour ago, skylander said:

Alright Prince Charming

I hear that you will be motivated by what may be beneficial to yourself... This is good. Do negative thoughts such as anger, contempt, revenge, etc. feel good to you? Since you’ve had them so long they may feel normal. But what if I told you, that you don’t have to put up with them? You can chose your thoughts and you can reject the ones that hurt yourself. More than anybody you hurt, your thoughts and actions hurt yourself first. Plus they are not in line with getting people to like you in the long run. 

Are you willingly to experiment with this? Would you like to feel happy and peaceful instead of frustrated over having to deal with “idiots” etc? I’m thinking that you could use your narcissistic bent to overcome your sociopathy - If you start paying attention to the effect your bad thoughts and behavior have on yourself rather than delight in the damage to others that you think you’re getting away with. 

So would you be willing to fight your negative tendencies for the sake of your own well-being?

I'm so used to those feelings that I can't even say that they feel bad or good for me. I'm always angry, I don't remember when I was like really peacefull and happy. I could try that, what could possibly go wrong about it ;D.

On 11/15/2018 at 11:08 PM, HaserPL said:

I just wasn't in the mood to tell in details about my childhood. As for blackmailing, I have a lot of friends. Many of them have connections with people who are influential. Sometimes we trade favours. Sometimes I hear some gossip about a person of interest, I sniff around to check if its real and here you have it, a fine piece of shameful information. Sometimes its just being in the right place, in the right time, like in the case of my neighbour. And sometimes I was just pretending to know something, I had like 5% on the actual information, and my boldness just did the job. And also I want to add that I'm not blackmailing each and every person that I despise. It happened, it happens and will happen but it's not that common as it may sound.

Am, do whatever you want, I just wanted to know how you gather information and thank you for the answer. Also I'm not interested in your childhood, to be honest:). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

He is paying me because that was our deal. I don't have to scam him every week or so. 

It's an ongoing manipulation. You not realizing that / stopping that behavior is part of your illness I guess. I'm betting there are more examples to that which you are not aware of, given you are speaking the truth.

• Like 1

Haser, imo I’ve got sociopaths in my family of origin worse than you. I’ve seen you around... you’re not so bad... And you’re pretty young to have so much anger. If you try to get at the root of it and learn to let it go, I’m thinking any sociopathic tendencies could truly dissolve themselves.... You’re gonna rise...

4 hours ago, fastflowdaman said:

It's an ongoing manipulation. You not realizing that / stopping that behavior is part of your illness I guess. I'm betting there are more examples to that which you are not aware of, given you are speaking the truth.

I wasn't even aware of that. Maybe you're right, probably I'm just excusing myself. 

4 hours ago, skylander said:

Haser, imo I’ve got sociopaths in my family of origin worse than you. I’ve seen you around... you’re not so bad... And you’re pretty young to have so much anger. If you try to get at the root of it and learn to let it go, I’m thinking any sociopathic tendencies could truly dissolve themselves.... You’re gonna rise...

I'm going to a new psychiatrist next week so I will see what he's going to say about me. I'm not so bad because I have no ill will against anyone here. I can be a true monster for people that hurt me, I guess that's part of being a sociopath.

3 hours ago, HaserPL said:

I wasn't even aware of that. Maybe you're right, probably I'm just excusing myself. 

I'm going to a new psychiatrist next week so I will see what he's going to say about me. I'm not so bad because I have no ill will against anyone here. I can be a true monster for people that hurt me, I guess that's part of being a sociopath.

No, I don’t think that is part of being a sociopath. I think it’s part of being human. Have you ever heard the saying, “Hurt people hurt people”?  Really, you could be burying some pain that you haven’t faced or dealt with which triggers monster responses at the wrong time. 

That anger comes from somewhere.... I hope you start talking with your shrink about what has happened to you and how you feel about it rather than just what you’ve done. 

I can tell you’re not as bad as you’ve been lead to believe. You probably weren’t asking for group therapy when you opened this thread, but your candor is irresistible, so if you want to keep the conversation going I’m all ears.