Choose Your Game Of The Year!

unsalsrtprk

Well... this is just how I see things from the games that I played this year.

First... here are the games I played this year...

Persona 5 (PS4)

Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls (PS4)

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (PS4)

Pokken Tournament DX (Switch)

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (PS4)

Yo Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters (3DS)

.hack//G.U. Last Recode (PS4; still playing it)

Again this is just how I feel... ?

First the special mention...

Special mention to Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls and Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony. I'm glad I was convinced to get into the Danganronpa series I really am. I don't like them making you to get to know all these characters and then killing a lot of them off but other than that it's a great series and these two games were no different. V3 Killing Harmony was pretty unique at the conclusion and what they did in the beginning and that caught me off guard. Plus... Shuichi looks like Naoto from Persona 4!! ? Ultra Despair Girls was pretty good too. It may sort of be a shooter and they may have tried to make it more like a 'horror' game but it was still a good Danganronpa game at it's core. ?

Anyway here are the 3 best games I played this year, all IMO of course

3rd Place

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

602544_front.jpg

I watched the original Crash Bandicoot PS1 games on YouTube in Let's Play format and when I heard of the remaster I said... 'Why not?' and honestly... I don't regret my decision at all. Was it hard? Yes. Was it ridiculous hard? Yes. Was it one of the hardest games I've ever played? Yes. But perseverance won the day for me in the end and I still beat it. I really loved this game and I really want more games now. Crash Bandicoot comeback please!!  ?

2nd Place

.hack//G.U. Last Recode

634780_front.jpg

I may still be technically playing this but Volumes 1, 2, and 3 were just too good and it reminded of how AMAZING the .hack games really are and how underrated this series truly is. Not only that, I realized rather quickly that I pretty much completely forgot everything that happens in the G.U. games except for the major plot twist so it was good I replayed it. Plus... there's still NEW CONTENT left. VOLUME. 4. I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS AND IT'LL FINALLY BE HAPPENING SOON. NEW .hack CONTENT. AT LONG LAST. FINALLY. New trilogy/quadrilogy of games please. ?

Game of the Year 2018

Persona 5

522896_front.jpg

Similar to My Hero Academia in the anime thread. I can't praise this game enough I really can't. EVERYTHING about it was just AMAZING. Once I played this at the beginning of the year there was just nothing that came even close to it to overtake it winning this for me. I'm still a relatively 'new' Persona fan and even for me this game came pretty close to being my all time favorite Persona game. Once I started playing it... I JUST. COULDN'T. STOP. Great job Atlus. I can't wait to see what you have in store for Persona 6!! Female MC at long last maybe? ?

Like I said though... this pretty much applies on to me and is IMO. ?

Edited by SelectiveGamer