Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter (Wish Thread)

DarkLordSHTR

I could see something like a SF x MK with MK adopting SF's visual style as opposed to the other way around. Mortal Kombat has a more realistic design approach that I don't think would translate well for SF. One of the biggest issues to face is toning down the violence of MK, which is one of the most crucial parts to the franchise. At best we'd get violence on the level of MK vs DC, which was rather underwhelming. I doubt Capcom would allow something like having Scorpion rip off Ryu's head. There's also the issue of both games having very different mechanics although that can be solved by having one game adopt the other's mechanics while maintaining some of the other game's mechanics for the characters that are crossed over similar to what we've seen with Akuma in Tekken 7. Overall, it could be cool crossover, but I doubt we'll ever see it come to fruition.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

One of the biggest issues to face is toning down the violence of MK, which is one of the most crucial parts to the franchise. At best we'd get violence on the level of MK vs DC, which was rather underwhelming. I doubt Capcom would allow something like having Scorpion rip off Ryu's head.

This is exactly why I find it hard to see happening.  Besides Fatalities, certain particularly brutal attacks like the X-Rays would have to get removed as well.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/21/mortal-kombat-co-creator-on-possibility-of-street-fighter-crossover-id-have-to-entertain-it-a-ign-unfiltered

Ed Boon says it'd be hard to find a "sweet spot" & that "one of the licenses... is going to have to sacrifice something".

Mk sells because of its gruesome fatalities...i dont think SF wants ryu head ripped off.

Btw still fking waiting for Tekken x SF. It's said to be still in the works but calling it bullshit. Its just been toooo long.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY