Question about story

Frosty

• 1 month later...

I don't know when you posted this but just wanted to say for anyone wondering, you don't have to play Yomawari : Night Alone at all in order to play this game. It has a new set of characters, with just a few post game treats as call backs to the first game. Nothing major.

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
27 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

I don't have a PS Vita and was wondering the same thing, just added it to my wishlist after reading @baniann's answer. Thanks.

I completed the game a while ago, and periodically you will see the protagonist from the previous game in some side stuff, but other than that, this game is very stand alone, but it's also the same exact thing as the first game, besides boss fights, some locations, characters and the story.

it's also pretty good...

• Like 2

As @baniann said, you don't need Night Alone before playing Midnight Shadows. New story, new town and different characters.

Actually, at the end of Midnight Shadows you see the girl of Night Alone (and a reference to the story of that game) and you also unlock the town of the first one (as post game content), so you have a new map to explore in order to gather all the collectibles. I played Midnight Shadows, and, after a couple of years, I bought also a PS Vita, and Night Alone was my first Vita game.

I'd say Midnight Shadows is better of Night Alone (which is not bad, is really good, but also too short, probably 6-10 hours for the story, and maybe you reach the 15 hours when you have 100%, but there's the stupid 50 hours trophy...:facepalm: While in Midnight Shadows you can probably reach 10-15 hours for the story). But I really hope for a PS4 version of Night Alone (and a double platinum! ?)

• Like 2