Yen's Pop('d) Plats

Yen-Pop

Good gravy, I have not maintained this thread in a minute, huh? I've been way too wrapped up playing Yakuza 0 lately - and that shit will eat up your time like no one's business. Well, better late then never!

1Sac74f6.png

Melody of Memory Complete Master :platinum: Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory

October 16, 2023

I'm a huge Kingdom Hearts fan, and I'm not afraid to admit that... For the most part. Depends on whom I'm admitting it to. But clearly it doesn't matter what horseshit they throw at me, I'll find a way to play it. And when I saw that this rhythm game of all damn things was free with PS Plus Extra, I knew I was going to play it despite having the freedom to do literally anything else instead. I pushed it off because I figured it couldn't possibly be lore important right? And then I fell into a lore rabbit hole catching up with the updates from the mobile game (listen, I know okay?) and found out that not only is it lore important it sets up the more realistic looking game that has been shown off this year. God. Damnit. And you want the worse part? I loved it. It was so much fun, and such a great way to just turn off my mind and listen to tons of podcasts and tv shows. The grind got to be a little much towards the end, but I honestly really enjoyed myself with it. Even if I got made fun of a fair amount, which is totally fair I'd make fun of a nerd like me too.

1S8607cd.png

All Trophies :platinum: Call of the Sea

November 17, 2023

I really needed a break from Yakuza 0, so I figured an indie game with Eldritch Horror/Lovecraftian themes was a great pallet cleanser from playing bowling and buying up real-estate. And I was right! Short, sweet, and compelling with some really good puzzles, which may have been harder with my Covid and Post-Covid brain. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to give anything away, but if that sounds even passingly interesting to you, I can't recommend it enough - though if you have a chronic illness, just be prepared to face a lot of themes about that and who you are with and without it. Especially since, just like a lot of games I played this year, it's free with PS Plus Extra. 

Total 2023 Trophies Earned: 

:platinum:19  :gold:115  :silver:162 :bronze:366

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Ahhhh 2023. I accomplished a lot video game-wisewise; I mean, I was unemployed for a lot of it, so there wasn't too much else for me to accomplish. But yet, I'd say I enjoyed the year. I got to do a lot of cool shit, go cool places, meet cool people, and played a lot of games. And completed a couple events along the way too!

zCrkmAL.jpgZOj7bTA.jpg

I kept track of my trophies pretty okay until there at the end - and shockingly enough Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory wasn't my most played game! Then again all told, I think I spent something like 215 hours in Yakuza 0, and am no where close to platinum'ing it (nor will I, probably). But not too shabby for an adult who pays bills.

sAr4HLW.jpgtiJZFUW.jpg

And for my internal accomplishments, I finished both the Kaleidoscope challenge with 1 card and the Bingo Bonanza with a fully completed card babyyyy. Been doing that even since it started, and I've gotten close but never have I ever been able to get a full blackout. Thank God the game my boyfriend's been asking me to play fit a spot I had no clue how to fill. I always love events that give me an excuse to play games I've wanted to play or finish up games that have been languishing in my pile of shame. I'm hoping to clear more of those mugs from my backlog this year, too!

Aaaaaaanyway onto new business:

1Sab2ea4.png

All the Trophies, Probably :platinum: The Wild at Heart

January 3, 2024

The first game of the year! And what a wonderful game to kick off with. Honestly, it's like if Pikmin, Knights on Bikes, Don't Starve, and hints of Night in the Woods were thrown into an indie darling blender and pulsed to Humble-flavored perfection. They certainly have a type - not that it's a bad thing. You can spot a Devolver property from a mile a way, and they almost always hit. I loved that having the little buddies with you wasn't clumsy or overly cumbersome, and that the puzzles revolving them were complex but not impossible. Genuinely what a wonderful little game. Also, the amount of lore they managed to pack in to such a small package? They fully fleshed the world in such a way I'm extremely sad that there's unlikely to be a sequel (such games rarely get sequels in my experience). Plus it's included with PS Plus Extra! It was basically free - or at least according to my girl math it was hahaha

Total 2024 Trophies Earned: 

:platinum:1  :gold:4  :silver:15 :bronze:5

Edited by Yen-Pop
  • Like 2