*no spoilers* game length advice

Mokujin

Hey everyone.

I just wanted to know a couple of things without spoilers. Obviously I could Google it but I massively run the risk of spoilers and I'm taking this game really slow.

First off, how many chapters are there, and are they all decent length? I ask because for example with the Tekken 7 story, some chapters were 1 cutscene and that was that.

Secondly, when the games story comes to an end, can you still play on? I assume so but I have no idea due to the story. Of course, we all know what happens at the end of the first RDR, and thats why I may be curious. Just want to make sure before storming through the main missions.

Thanks

6 chapters 2 Epilogues. They are all pretty decent length especially if you do the side missions. You do get to continue playing on after the story but there are missable trophies that you cannot get after certain chapters. So be wary of those or you'll have to play through it again for the platinum

• Like 1

You're right to take it slow. Don't rush through the story. Travel around, check out dark areas, hunt for treasure, hunt legendary animals, play poker and black jack, etc. Do a mission every now and then. I promise, prolonging the story is absolutely worth it. I can't say why because that'll ruin it for you.

• Like 2

I took it really slow and did most of the side missions while progressing through the story. I reached the epilogue in 98 hours and this week I'm going to 100% complete the single player mode after 170+ hours. I also got most of the single player trophies except the one were you have to achieve 70 gold medals in missions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

Does the story carry over from RDR to 2? Or can I just jump right into 2?

Thanks in advance...

RDR2 is a prequel, or at the very least is set before RDR, so while I'm pretty sure there are callbacks (or rather callforwards)to things in RDR whether that's Easter eggs or what, you can almost definitely jump into 2. I mean, people forget there was a Red Dead before the first RDR and even I haven't played that one?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keidah said:

RDR2 is a prequel, or at the very least is set before RDR, so while I'm pretty sure there are callbacks (or rather callforwards)to things in RDR whether that's Easter eggs or what, you can almost definitely jump into 2. I mean, people forget there was a Red Dead before the first RDR and even I haven't played that one1f605.png

The funny thing is, I played the original on my PS1 or PS2. I can't remember which console it was bc it's been so long! 

Thanks for your response!