Just out of curiosity

Thatnerdyfella

I get that this website is mainly about obtaining trophies and platinums, of coursre, that's a given. But is there any players that are on here sometimes that sometimes don't care for the trophies. I pretty much use this as a gaming blog  from my perspective for the most part. As fun as getting Platinums/100%s are, are you someone who can just play a game without the care of getting it platinumed? 

Like for example, I'm enjoying Tomb Raider right now. However, to get the platinum you have to find all collectibles too. I had to be truthful with my buddy whom also trophy hunts that as much as I like Platinums I just don't care for the TR Plat. I just want to play the story and be done with it and move on to the next game. The reality of it though to is that I've got way too many games to play and being a college student with limited time management that doesn't help either. lol 

P.s dont get toxic with whatever comment you make. I know there will be some who will say if you don't use this site specifically what it's designed for go somewhere else. I ain't having that negative energy here. haha don't be the person. 

Edited by SIMPLY_CODY
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Yup.

I don't give a single fuck about trophies any more, but the community on here, and discussion in general, keeps me checking in multiple times a day.

Haha yeah, there's times where I'll strive for them, then other times I'm like... Meh, I don't care much. I will have to say I also enjoy the community on here too and the discussions. 

• Like 1

I came here because I like looking at statistics.  I like looking at the numbers and comparing them.  I stayed for the community.  I like the people here.  I totally get what you mean by gaming blog.  I love the Post your last trophy topic.  It's fun watching people's progress through a game and sometimes they post comments on it that's nice to read.

• Like 3

On 2/2/2019 at 5:48 AM, TKdovahkiin said:

I don’t care about trophies that much either. Because I’m just not that good at getting them. 1f602.png  So I use trophies to help motivate me to play as much of the game as I can. I have fun on this site changing my avatars and forum profile and goofing around more than for just trophy info and motivation. I think gaming should be about fun no matter how you slice it, so whatever does it for you, go for it!

yes! I do the same thing with my profile. I just changed up my profile just yesterday I believe or the day before cause i like to be nerdy and add new things and pictures of games like the section I added of Platinum Favorites on my profile. Gaming is fun overall no matter. But for the most part I play SP's simply for the story. I say I don't care about trophies at all lol but when a buddy of mine tells me about this easy quick 10 minute Plat or 40 minute Plat of course I'll get it cause why not? haha I'm cheeky like that though. 

On 2/2/2019 at 6:35 AM, Ilzaki said:

I came here because I like looking at statistics.  I like looking at the numbers and comparing them.  I stayed for the community.  I like the people here.  I totally get what you mean by gaming blog.  I love the Post your last trophy topic.  It's fun watching people's progress through a game and sometimes they post comments on it that's nice to read.

Yeah form time to time I will hop into that topic and see how everyone's progress is coming out.

On 2/2/2019 at 6:28 AM, Reinachii- said:

The games on my profile that are not 100% cause me trauma. 

I need 100% completion for my mental state. 

No matter the grind!

So you're a completionist then correct? Nothing wrong with that. I mean yeah I hate seeing my profile filled with hundreds of incompletes but I can't play a game that I can't enjoy at all. lol 

• Like 1