Question about NG+

chickenbaltipie

Okay so i have read the guide and i am a little bit confused (doesn't take a lot)

I'm just about to finish my first play as the warrior class (red magic type), when i come to start a NG+ I need one of the other two classes - does this mean start NG+ i will have a ton of points allocated in strength that perhaps would be better suited in faith or does the game allow me to re-allocate all of these at the start.

Also - you have to chose another magic type, so if i choose green for example, will it give me the trophy for finishing the game with the class that is associated with green - even though i have the red already unlocked?

thanks

20 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

Okay so i have read the guide and i am a little bit confused (doesn't take a lot)

I'm just about to finish my first play as the warrior class (red magic type), when i come to start a NG+ I need one of the other two classes - does this mean start NG+ i will have a ton of points allocated in strength that perhaps would be better suited in faith or does the game allow me to re-allocate all of these at the start.

Unfortunately the game does not allow to re-allocate in the start of the NG+, you will have to level up those points as you did in the NG.

20 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

Also - you have to chose another magic type, so if i choose green for example, will it give me the trophy for finishing the game with the class that is associated with green - even though i have the red already unlocked?

thanks

Yes, the moment you chose a new magic class that will be the trophy you will unlock when you clear the game, so if your first run through the game was as a Warrior, and in the selection of NG+ you selected Cleric, you will unlock Way of The Cleric when you beat the game.

Hope it helps!

• Like 1

It's been a while since i platinumed the game but i definitely can give you an advise: try to avoid ng+ ( especially ++ !! ) and start a fresh run. It's way way easier because the enemies gain insanely more xp in ng+ ( especially ng++ ) since you can't really upgrade your weapons in a way it would be necessary you will realize that some fights ( especially boss fights ) will take way longer. furthermore it's better to have a save file from a non ng run for the dlc since those enemies are really strong.

I played the first run, than played one run on ng+ than i tried to play on ng++ but decided very early to start fresh with the last remaining char and this was the right way. 

Edited by NathanDarko
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bruh_peanut said:

Unfortunately the game does not allow to re-allocate in the start of the NG+, you will have to level up those points as you did in the NG.

Yes, the moment you chose a new magic class that will be the trophy you will unlock when you clear the game, so if your first run through the game was as a Warrior, and in the selection of NG+ you selected Cleric, you will unlock Way of The Cleric when you beat the game.

Hope it helps!

Good to know about the stats - very helpful thank you

1 hour ago, NathanDarko said:

It's been a while since i platinumed the game but i definitely can give you an advise: try to avoid ng+ ( especially ++ !! ) and start a fresh run. It's way way easier because the enemies gain insanely more xp in ng+ ( especially ng++ ) since you can't really upgrade your weapons in a way it would be necessary you will realize that some fights ( especially boss fights ) will take way longer. furthermore it's better to have a save file from a non ng run for the dlc since those enemies are really strong.

I played the first run, than played one run on ng+ than i tried to play on ng++ but decided very early to start fresh with the last remaining char and this was the right way. 

I'd like to give NG+ a go, can mop up the remaining special weapons i missed and any new audio logs (as is my understanding from the guide), but i might start again for the third class - thanks for the tip

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

I'd like to give NG+ a go, can mop up the remaining special weapons i missed and any new audio logs (as is my understanding from the guide), but i might start again for the third class - thanks for the tip

I did the same, played NG+ for my second run but started from stratch for the third class. Don't forget to kill the first Boss with his own weapon, since that can only be done on NG+ (not that it takes too long getting to him, but anyways..)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arcesus7 said:

I did the same, played NG+ for my second run but started from stratch for the third class. Don't forget to kill the first Boss with his own weapon, since that can only be done on NG+ (not that it takes too long getting to him, but anyways..)

Oh yes thanks for the reminder - i also need to do that without being hit

• 2 months later...