Data corruption warning.

TheMightyImp2

It's so rare that I get data corruption, that I need to mention this.

I always power off properly,wait for save icons to disappear, etc, so if it can happen to me it may happen to you.

I was on the last of the 4 main stories, with all glyph symbols collected up to that point, with all but 2 of the garden side stories completed 100%

Last night and this morning, my save says i'm halfway through world 2. Its saved many times since then, and there was no cloud save to use instead. The first thing I knew was when I selected my normal looking save, a loading icon span in the darkness, and it just reloaded the titld screen, in a loop of futility.

I guess i'm lucky to have 1.5 worlds saved at all. Madness it's randomly picked that save point. Maybe it's something to do with the forced update just a few minutes ago.  

Anyway, make backups, is my advice 

Edited by TheMightyImp2

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't. Warning to anybody thinking of getting this game DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Had a seriously frustrating time with the throwing section using move controllers, finally did it, and after quitting to main menu around 2 hours later (after being told explicitly the game would save) I find myself back at the throwing section again. Can't fucking believe it. An absolute mess of a game. Only get this if you have the luxury of never needing to close the application for anything else. This is the second time something like this has happened and it is absolutely unacceptable. Do not waste your life on this game as I have.

17 hours ago, JustOneStingray said:

I have closed the game a bunch of times and have had no issues with saving what so ever.

Cool. Good for you. I assure you though I am not shutting down my game in any kind of incorrect way. I guess I should have read reviews (which make the bug very clear) before I bought this mess of a game.

18 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

It doesn't. Warning to anybody thinking of getting this game DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Had a seriously frustrating time with the throwing section using move controllers, finally did it, and after quitting to main menu around 2 hours later (after being told explicitly the game would save) I find myself back at the throwing section again. Can't fucking believe it. An absolute mess of a game. Only get this if you have the luxury of never needing to close the application for anything else. This is the second time something like this has happened and it is absolutely unacceptable. Do not waste your life on this game as I have.

Yes, it threw me back to the throwing section 3 times, so often I made a how to clear it fast video the third time, lol.

Replaying it made me an unintentional expert at it, so pm me if anyone needs any tips

18 hours ago, JustOneStingray said:

I have closed the game a bunch of times and have had no issues with saving what so ever.

What thefourfoldroot said, lol

But seriously, it's good you didn't, but, rest assured, we did. Let the helpful warnings remain, as I am not suggesting people avoid it entirely, just expect and prepare for the worst. :)

• Like 1

On 03/03/2019 at 10:09 AM, TheMightyImp2 said:

Yes, it threw me back to the throwing section 3 times, so often I made a how to clear it fast video the third time, lol.

Replaying it made me an unintentional expert at it, so pm me if anyone needs any tips

What thefourfoldroot said, lol

But seriously, it's good you didn't, but, rest assured, we did. Let the helpful warnings remain, as I am not suggesting people avoid it entirely, just expect and prepare for the worst. :)

Thanks, but it's not really the puzzle as much as the badly tracked move controllers. Had to move the ps into a smaller room due to guests and they just aren't tracked well now.