Suggestions: What next?

Paranoimia

Okay, so I completed my first play-through of The Last Of Us last night, on Hard, and all the other difficulty options are now open to me.

What do you think should be my next move?

i) Play through on an easier 'new game plus' level to find all the collectibles and (more importantly) max out all abilities and weapons before trying Survivor+.

ii) Go straight for Survivor+ to get the possible frustration out of the way first, then go through on an easier level and mop up trophies.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards the first option as it might make a Survivor+ play-through that much less frustrating.

I'm also interested to hear about the difficulty level of the Survivor modes from anyone who has already tried them. In the Uncharted games, I've never found the Crushing level to be that much tougher than Hard. Is it the same with TLOU, or have they made it significantly tougher?

Edited by Paranoimia

After I beat the game on Hard it didn't give me an option to play on Survivor (+).

Where do I go for that? I honestly don't feel like beating the game 2 times on Survivor if I don't have to...

If you want to unlock Survivor+ you have to beat the normal Survivor first.

You beat it on Hard, so you only unlocked Hard+, Normal+, Easy+.

The second option is impossible, 'cuz you have to beat in on Survivor (without upgrades etc. - like on your first playthrough) b4 Survivor+. So, yeah.

(( Though there is a glitch, that you can use, for immediately Survivor+. ))

I'm doing

Normal > Survivor > Survivor+ > Easy+

I'm at the University (first Survivor playthrough) already, and man some parts are really hard. Just stealth through everything. (if possible)

Edited by Juudaime

The second option is impossible, 'cuz you have to beat in on Survivor (without upgrades etc. - like on your first playthrough) b4 Survivor+. So, yeah.

Dammit. I thought they all unlocked. :-(

Oh well, it's not like it's not enough fun! No problem playing through multiple times.

I found that when you either very low on ammo (just ammo on one gun) or out of ammo the game will drop some after you kill an enemy. This happen to me a lot when your playing as ellie. I found survivor to not be as hard as I thought it would be. Even though I relied on listening mode in my hard play-through I was fine without it in survivor just because: 1. Stealth kills and 2. Run when you have to. Those two things help me a lot.

I found survivor to not be as hard as I thought it would be. Even though I relied on listening mode in my hard play-through I was fine without it in survivor

I'm finding the same so far. The game doesn't seem harder at all in terms of actual difficulty level, it's just the more limited resources and lack of 'focus' ability.

I tried to remember the basic positions of the enemies in the tougher parts when I was playing on Hard, and it's served me fairly well so far. Parts of the game which took me several attempts on Hard I'm just breezing through now.

Completed it on Survivor difficulty tonight. It was tougher due to the lack of resources, especially in a couple of the more 'shooty' places - but otherwise not too bad.

I'll start on Survivor+ tomorrow.

Still loving it. Still watched all the cut-scenes, and they don't get any easier second time around - still powerful stuff.