Ringworld

Did you get it? It's a rare technology called "Mega-Engineering" in Engineering tech tree. In some games it takes far too long to pop up as it's rare and you might end up securing that ringworld system for a hundred years. ? I think it requires you to have battleship and fortress (deep space installations) techs already researched and having the ringworld system inside your borders should make it more probable to pop up as a tech option.

Edited by Poramies

I have researched the battleship and deep space installations just checked and i do have the ringworld within my borders but its just isnt showing ?? do i need to keep researching till it shows or im missing somthing also im trying to do that that was will be. Im playing on a large map with 5x habitual worlds with 1 ai ( Yes a wuss so what) i keep passing these black holes but nothing. Advice appreciated :)

On 3/23/2019 at 0:20 AM, Cipher1988 said:

I have researched the battleship and deep space installations just checked and i do have the ringworld within my borders but its just isnt showing ?? do i need to keep researching till it shows or im missing somthing also im trying to do that that was will be. Im playing on a large map with 5x habitual worlds with 1 ai ( Yes a wuss so what) i keep passing these black holes but nothing. Advice appreciated :)

Yeah just keep going, it might take some time to pop up as an option. You could switch government civic to Technocracy if you are materialist to get a bit better chance to get it. Also good idea to activate engineering research grant edict so you get a boost in engineering tech.

For the other trophy you have to find an event called " The Horizon Signal" from a black hole system but the chance for it to pop up is something like 1% so I guess keep on going for that too. ? I have it ongoing in my save but kinda put the game on hold until they fix the bugged trophies... ?

Edited by Poramies

11 hours ago, Poramies said:

Yeah just keep going, it might take some time to pop up as an option. You could switch government civic to Technocracy if you are materialist to get a bit better chance to get it. Also good idea to activate engineering research grant edict so you get a boost in engineering tech.

For the other trophy you have to find an event called " The Horizon Signal" from a black hole system but the chance for it to pop up is something like 1% so I guess keep on going for that too. 1f62c.png I have it ongoing in my save but kinda put the game on hold until they fix the bugged trophies... 1f614.png

Sorry for the slow reply,  i finally got it. popped up yesterday on research i think i had to maybe get the high level weapons or somthing out the way. Now thats out the way. :)

Does it need to be surveyed or in your territory i have repeatedly made my scientist go back and forth through all black holes that i could see.

I noticed aswell the trophies switched or somthing i was trying  to get the pacifist but i got deus vult instead. I tried to do the endgame crisis in the end i didnt survive:(  scary guys.  

Don't really know the details and doubt many do because everything in Stellaris has changed like 3 times during its life. ? I've seen the event 3 times in like 700 hours that I've put on the pc and the console versions together but I have not actively tried to find it. I remember reading that someone got it by building like 10 science ships and manned them with scientists and put them patrolling (don't remember if console has "patrol" feature) between black hole systems so it eventually popped up for that player but then again don't have a clue if that applies for this patch we have on the console or if you only have one chance per black hole. If that's the only thing you want from your playthrough then might as well try the patrol tactic for a while but might as well get it normally by the time they fix the broken trophies if you plan on continuing playing.

Edited by Poramies

Maybe i need 100 scientist ships to explore muhahaha...... and still wouldnt find it lol. I believe its called auto explore on console? correct me if im wrong :),  but if thats on and theres no more to explore it will just stay idle. Ah well guess i will just see what happens thanks for help :)

And yes i do plan to continue playing i still need the pacifist and migration thats broken or swapped.  I did search online to see if others were having issues and it seems so. 

4 hours ago, Durrun said:

yes u need Battleship and Fortress tech before Mega-Engineering will be able to show up for u to research. :)

I seem to forget coming on here and to say i got it woops ;P, anyway i already got it in the end might have had to clear some high level tech out the way till it showed i guess but thanks anyway:)