AI rant

wackt1

For and for most, I really like the game, but is it just me or is the AI brain dead? They either spam block or spam abilities sprinkled with chases in between. I do like experimenting with the fights and stuff but, holy shit, the AI is unbearable much later into the game's campaign (I have not fought online yet, but I'd like to think it is marginally better).

Edited by wackt1

1 hour ago, Erkawest said:

I just finished chapter 7 and the AI during campaign is crazy annoying. Why do they hit so much? I was about to beat Hisoka having 60% hp when he hits me with an ability and 1-shots me. Really unfair and a waste of time...

I know right, the only way I was able to get through some of the fights by just spamming lightning style shadow clone justsu. I get your frustration though, all that ability spam.

• 1 year later...

Also, the AI reads your inputs, so if you try to break through their defense with a throw, they dodge it with perfect timing and counter with a long combo. The only character who doesn't dodge throws (at least not in story mode) is Prometheus.

However, you can cheese the AI with ranged attacks, especially characters like Shiryu, Hisoka and Shishio. I found the AI in story mode slightly easier to beat than the free mission AI, but that's probably because I leveled all my characters up to level 100 before starting chapter 2 ?.