Missable trophies?

noyram23

Hi everyone, is there any missable trophy in a single playthrough? Anything that will be affected by dragonrot?

Also what's the location to backup save for multiple ending? From what I read it's after defeating the corrupted monk and the guardian ape, is that right?

Thank you.

4 hours ago, noyram23 said:

Hi everyone, is there any missable trophy in a single playthrough? Anything that will be affected by dragonrot?

Also what's the location to backup save for multiple ending? From what I read it's after defeating the corrupted monk and the guardian ape, is that right?

Thank you.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind knowing this as well

12 hours ago, noyram23 said:

Thank you.

That's right, after those fights when you go back to Ashina Castle and before you fight the Owl is when you'd wanna make a back up save file.

Hirata Estates Owl fight/Purification ending is missable if you don't eavesdrop on Emma/Isshin Ashina, Kuro and talk to Emma after the first Owl fight. You gotta do the requirements for the Return ending before beating the Divine Dragon, otherwise it's missable. Lapis Lazuli is limited per playthrough (you get 6 per playthrough and need 10 in total) and one ending locks you out of obtaining it. 1 Esoteric Text is missable as well, hard to miss but still missable if you progress too far into the story.

I don't think it matters terribly much though since you need 2 and a half playthroughs at the very least.

Edited by StrangeInStereo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, StrangeInStereo said:

That's right, after those fights when you go back to Ashina Castle and before you fight the Owl is when you'd wanna make a back up save file.

Hirata Estates Owl fight/Purification ending is missable if you don't eavesdrop on Emma/Isshin Ashina, Kuro and talk to Emma after the first Owl fight. You gotta do the requirements for the Return ending before beating the Divine Dragon, otherwise it's missable. Lapis Lazuli is limited per playthrough (you get 6 per playthrough and need 10 in total) and one ending locks you out of obtaining it. 1 Esoteric Text is missable as well, hard to miss but still missable if you progress too far into the story.

I don't think it matters terribly much though since you need 2 and a half playthroughs at the very least.

Thank you, any trophy that is missable on the first run? Probably lock by a wrong choice or dragonrot? I prefer to do all the trophies that i can on my first run then just worry on trophies that arent possible on the first run after

12 hours ago, noyram23 said:

Thank you, any trophy that is missable on the first run? Probably lock by a wrong choice or dragonrot? I prefer to do all the trophies that i can on my first run then just worry on trophies that arent possible on the first run after

Yes, can be a bit more specific if you don't mind spoilers.

12 hours ago, Charlymeik said:

Why 2 and a half playthroughs? With 2 playthroughs you beat all bosses and find enough Lapis Lazuli. 

Because there are 2 bosses you can't fight if you want to get Lapis Lazuli during that playthrough. You either fight those bosses or get Lapis Lazuli, doing one thing locks you out of the other. I guess you could back up your save before Owl in NG+, fight those bosses get the trophy, then use your back up to continue that playthrough normally and get the remaining Lapis Lazuli.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StrangeInStereo said:

Yes, can be a bit more specific if you don't mind spoilers.

Because there are 2 bosses you can't fight if you want to get Lapis Lazuli during that playthrough. You either fight those bosses or get Lapis Lazuli, doing one thing locks you out of the other. I guess you could back up your save before Owl in NG+, fight those bosses get the trophy, then use your back up to continue that playthrough normally and get the remaining Lapis Lazuli.

Good to know. Thanks