DLC trophies/achievements

Jiano_Vera

Hey all,

Motion Twin put out new achievements on the Steam version in conjunction with the new “Rise of the Giant” update.

New achievements include:

You dig - Reach the cavern for the first time

Size doesn’t matter - Beat the Giant

Hot and cold - Reach the Guardian’s Haven for the first time

Perfect extraction - ? Presumably beat the game with 5 boss stem cells active

I don’t step on toes... - ?

Life on the edge - ?

Stargazing - ?

Source: https://steamcommunity.com/stats/588650/achievements

MT tweeted that console versions will get the update in a few weeks. 

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/motiontwin/status/1111315148424339458

Happy hunting!

Alright! It has been a while since I last played Dead Cells, probably gonna be suuuuper rusty once the DLC drops! ?

I bet two of the hidden achievements are related to an area & boss, but what about Life on the edge? ?

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 1

Perfect extraction - absorb the fifth boss cell

I don’t step on toes... - you beat the last boss, im not going to name him since its a spoiler!

Life on the edge - reach the astrolab for the first time. This is the level after hand of the king

Stargazing - reach observatory for the first time. This is the final boss room, after the level asteolab.

Overall pretty hard set of trophies. The hardest thing abiut this new patch is that you can only reach the final level (astrolab) on 5 boss cells. On 4 boss cells the game still ends on hand of the king. So essentially you cant even practice the true final boss, since you can only go to hik on 5bc and he can kill you in a few hits. 

Also a future tip for anyone who will play is that you get the fifth boss cell from the second new boss which is the giant on 4bc. Beating hand of the king on 4bc will not get you the fifth boss cell. The giant can be found in the cavarn which you can reach from the graveyard! 

Did all of these acheivements on steam and it was overall pretty fun, the new ost on the new levels are realllyyyyy good!

• Like 2

I was wondering if we would get more trophies on the next patch,  will give me a reason to play again,  I fuckin love this game, my favorite game that came out last year.  Something that's gonna suck ass tho is I unlocked the Curse sword on NA and EU versions for the plat so I guarantee RNG is going to throw them at me constantly.

2 minutes ago, Firefox_32 said:

Perfect extraction - absorb the fifth boss cell

I don’t step on toes... - you beat the last boss, im not going to name him since its a spoiler!

Life on the edge - reach the astrolab for the first time. This is the level after hand of the king

Stargazing - reach observatory for the first time. This is the final boss room, after the level asteolab.

Overall pretty hard set of trophies. The hardest thing abiut this new patch is that you can only reach the final level (astrolab) on 5 boss cells. On 4 boss cells the game still ends on hand of the king. So essentially you cant even practice the true final boss, since you can only go to hik on 5bc and he can kill you in a few hits. 

Also a future tip for anyone who will play is that you get the fifth boss cell from the second new boss which is the giant on 4bc. Beating hand of the king on 4bc will not get you the fifth boss cell. The giant can be found in the cavarn which you can reach from the graveyard! 

Did all of these acheivements on steam and it was overall pretty fun, the new ost on the new levels are realllyyyyy good!

So if I got this right,  you will have to do cell 4 and beat giant,  then cell 5 do the normal hand of the king fight and go through the door behind him that showed up last patch?  Or is there a door behind giant as well so I don't have to touch hand of the knight again?  I have just fought him like 20+ times and it would be nice if I can fight the new bosses instead to get to the final area.

3 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I was wondering if we would get more trophies on the next patch,  will give me a reason to play again,  I fuckin love this game, my favorite game that came out last year.  Something that's gonna suck ass tho is I unlocked the Curse sword on NA and EU versions for the plat so I guarantee RNG is going to throw them at me constantly.

You can start a custom game which only select weapons unlocked and you will still get the trophies, at least thats how it is on steam at least! So no real issues :D

1 minute ago, Firefox_32 said:

You can start a custom game which only select weapons unlocked and you will still get the trophies, at least thats how it is on steam at least! So no real issues :D

Ahh nice I wasn't sure if the customs would affect trophies or not.  Not excited to deal with the bullshit elites again from last patch but I can't wait to try out the new bosses and areas.

17 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

So if I got this right,  you will have to do cell 4 and beat giant,  then cell 5 do the normal hand of the king fight and go through the door behind him that showed up last patch?  Or is there a door behind giant as well so I don't have to touch hand of the knight again?  I have just fought him like 20+ times and it would be nice if I can fight the new bosses instead to get to the final area.

The giant boss is the opposite of the time keeper. Just like the tentecle boss was the opposite of the concerige! So if you go to the giant, youll skip the time keeper and reach high peak castle!

You get the fifth bc after killing giant on 4bc. After you get 5bc, the game wont end and you will continue to high peak castle. Im not sure if you have to finish the whole gsme and beat HotK to lock in the 5bc or you can quit right aftwe you absorb it from the giant tho. I personally got lucky and finished the game. Hope this clears it up!

The final boss is still hand of the king i would say. Only in 5bc there is anither boss and another whole level, which i would consider a secret true final boss which not many players will reach. Yes after you beat HotK on 4bc, you enter the locked room after the boss and go to a new level!

Edit: to make things more clear, the giant is not the final boss, it is a boss in the middle of the game and the game continues on after you beat it! However you do get the fifth boss cell from him and not the HotK. This is due to lore reasons which i shall not spoil! 

Also there are new enemies in every level. And each new boss cell difficulty changes enemies. For example ramparts have two new annoying enemies in them, so annoying that my usual route of promenade -> ramparts -> conceirge has now changed to promenade -> ossuary -> conceirge. Its almost impossible for me to complete ramparts without getting low health now haha, and before the update it was one of the easiest levels!

Edited by Firefox_32