Maize Runner glitched in a good way

fastflowdaman

Yesterday I played through the story on my own before wanting to attempt the speedrun using a guide.

Yet when I reached the end after

launching the sentient corn

the Maize Runner trophy popped.

The regular ending trophy “The End“ popped after the credits when I was back in the main menu.

Did anyone else experience this as well?

Could it be related to the latest patch that allegedly addressed some bugs?

11 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

...cut..

Maybe you simply fulfilled the requirements for "Maize Runner" (to finish under 2h) without even noticing and then, of course, "The End" popped properly?
Just checked my list - i got them in this order.

15 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Maybe you simply fulfilled the requirements for "Maize Runner" (to finish under 2h) without even noticing and then, of course, "The End" popped properly?
Just checked my list - i got them in this order.

No, I played thru the game at my own pace, reading everything, checking every nook and cranny (but still missing 6 folio items ffs).

The trophies were unlocked within a time span of around 5 hours.

I just finished it the other day in about 2.5 hours and Maize Runner did not pop for me (plan on doing the speed run some time this week) so I doubt it's glitched but it's always possible.  Will need some other people's inputs to test it out.  Did you do the whole game in a single sitting without ever exiting or going to the dashboard?

7 minutes ago, GamingToups said:

I just finished it the other day in about 2.5 hours and Maize Runner did not pop for me (plan on doing the speed run some time this week) so I doubt it's glitched but it's always possible.  Will need some other people's inputs to test it out.  Did you do the whole game in a single sitting without ever exiting or going to the dashboard?

Yes. I left the game in pause mode in order to eat something, but never returned to the dashboard nor exited to the main menu, finishing it in one sitting.

Another edit: I'm aware the game supposedly counts time even during pausing. But even if it didn't I'm 100% sure I played a lot longer than 2 hours.

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 1