Losing purchases after name change?

Matthew

I’m sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, please tell me if it is and I’ll correct.

I changed my PSN name and told my step dad that he could do the same if he wanted to. He asked me to take a look on how to do it and we read the warning that said you may lose content that you’ve purchased from the store. 

My step dad’s favourite game to play is World of Tanks, which has tons of micro transactions on it and are basically one of  the main aspects of the game. so I pointed out that if he changes his ID, then it could possibly remove everything he’s ever bought off the store on it? We’ve decided to not have the name change for now.

Now I’m here, asking if anyone has even played World of Tanks since changing their name, has anyone had any effects to it? Or for any game involving micro transactions for that matter.  All help is appreciated.

i am uncertain, but it sounds like it can effect a number of things like saves, trophies, i think purchased content, a good number of things. me personally i am not risking anything. maybe its something that should be waited out for a possible ironing out of the issues, but i believe back when this was announced some of these issues were already stated to be a problem if you take the chance.

a user name change for me, no matter how bad the name isn't worth the possible damage.

Edited by RJP_X

Surely, if you lose access to things you purchased, then PS Store will restore it if you bring it to their attention though? I wouldn't just accept losing something that I purchased because of an error on their end.

Trophy progress and save files, I get that's the risk you take and there is not much that can be done about it but expecting me to pay for something twice due to an error would be crossing the line. They can easily restore your license to a game.

• Like 1

I believe Sony has put up a list of games unaffected by the name change as well as games that may be affected by it and potential solutions to those affected. 

Looked up World of Tanks and there are no known issues. You can view the list of games here: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/my-account/access-and-details/change-online-id-games/

Edited by ObliviousSenpai

12 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I believe Sony has put up a list of games unaffected by the name change as well as games that may be affected by it and potential solutions to those affected. 

Looked up World of Tanks and there are no known issues. You can view the list of games here: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/my-account/access-and-details/change-online-id-games/

Thank you for this, I’m glad they made a list of it. Very helpful :)