Game breaking bug at the last monolith?

Ranari_Kai

Hi there, does anybody experience such a bug?

If I use Invocate at the monolith at the games very end, the summoning animation doesn't start and the game simply stops working. No buttons are working and all I can do is end the game with the PS-Button.

This happens roughly 50% of every try. It is a serious problem for the Iron Man run (finish without saving). I did two Iron Man runs on Master an both times the game bugged on me...

I hope there will be a fix.

I had this happen as well.

I found that by inserting the Bladed Sun in the fourth finger and using the the platinum horn to open the door would then let me use the spell on the monolith without any issues.

They asked on Twitter to report any issues with the game to their email address, [email protected] so the more people tell them the quicker they might fix it. At the moment a bug prevents 2 of the special deaths in master mode being found, which is preventing 3 trophies from unlocking.

@Cyndrie Thank you for this solution. I'm going to try that. 

About the special death scenes: I wasn't able to trigger 3 of them (Griffin, Music Room and Goblin Room), but I might have made mistakes, not sure.

Well, I'm going to write the developers, so lets hope they fix the bug.

Still a great game though.

18 minutes ago, Ranari_Kai said:

@Cyndrie Thank you for this solution. I'm going to try that. 

About the special death scenes: I wasn't able to trigger 3 of them (Griffin, Music Room and Goblin Room), but I might have made mistakes, not sure.

Well, I'm going to write the developers, so lets hope they fix the bug.

Still a great game though.

Music room requires extra holes to be cut in the flute with the knife, I think 3 holes in total, when playing the instruments and horn.

Goblin room if you use the eat/drink function command on their two cups should trigger the death scene.

Griffin death scene I can't get to trigger myself.

Edited by Cyndrie

• 2 months later...

If anybody is still playing this or planning to play it:

A 1.02 patch has been released. It fixes most, but not all gamebreaking bugs in the game ?

The castle moat has been fixed, so it is possible to create all alchemy recipes and eat everything edible. Also the griffin has been fixed, so you can get the corresponding hidden death. A few other crashes have also been fixed.

What hasn't been fixed is one of the ale mugs in the goblin room, therefore one of the hidden deaths is still unavailable...

Also I was still unable to get the trophies for solving 60 puzzles and looking at 600 items, even after another playtrough doing pretty much everything. Not sure if they are glitched or maybe I am missing something.

So just a heads up, if you're eager for the platinum.

On 7/9/2019 at 4:04 PM, Ranari_Kai said:

Also I was still unable to get the trophies for solving 60 puzzles and looking at 600 items, even after another playtrough doing pretty much everything. Not sure if they are glitched or maybe I am missing something.

So just a heads up, if you're eager for the platinum.

This is a bummer. Was watching an LP on YouTube a looks fun and & challenging; hopefully this does get fixed.

Edited by rotoninja

• 10 months later...

Shadowgate for PS4 just received a 1.03 patch that should fix any remaining issues, I think* lol.  I actually sent a link to this topic to Dave Marsh who then sent it to Abstraction Games who did the PS4 port about a month ago.  I completely forgot that the game was getting a PS4 port until LimitedRunGames announced they were doing a physical PS4 pre-order of it, checked out the trophy list and saw the Platinum was at 0% earned then saw this topic so of course I had to report the issues.  Anyone with a digital copy able to report the patch notes or check to see if all issues have been solved now?