Chapter 17 climbing bug

I'm at the part where you need to climb to get past the turret, but Drake just keeps moving on his own and dying. I don't understand why he keeps moving on his own this should be really easy. I've checked the options and don't see any options that would fix this. I had the same problem on hard but got by it by being able to tank some of the damage, but that doesn't work on crushing.

33 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

What would cause it? I don't have any problems when running, it is only climbing.

Don't know? A faulty left stick or something maybe? Do you have any other games where climbing is involved that could replicate the issue to see if it's a glitch in the game or the vita? 

• 1 year later...

Pretty much what Rahman said, and just take your time to move / jump RIGHT when the turret stops shooting, and commit the movements. Agreed. Drake has some buggy climbing in this game, but it's manageable. Just gotta wait for turret.

Hope this helps some ppl strugglin' with that section. Touch screen climbs, and timing usually gets it.

Also. The climbing in this game can be so buggy that I've knocked Dante, and Sully down into lakes, and rivers. Funny times. Good luck trying to replicate those bugs tho. I got lucky. Lol. Funny part is when they're knocked down below that the spatial audio detection almost makes it sound like they're under water. So funny.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I just played through those chapters on Hard yesterday, and Drake kept doing the animation like he was trying to jump to his right to grab a ledge.  He wouldn't aim to shoot or move.  I had to finally stop using the analog sticks and use the touchscreen for his movement.  That seemed to fix the issue as far as I could tell.