Scramble trophy

Yeah I figured it out, wasn't too hard once you got used to it. 

Solution is to rush the rooms and immediately descend/ascend while holding back until the screen starts pushing you forward, you can always just about make it. 

For the "boss" at the end you can just crash after bombing the base, you still get the win condition and proceed to the next loop. 

And yeah, you have to do that loop like 8-10 times to the the gold trophy score. 

• Like 1

I did this comp recently in 4 hours with no save prepping, & scramble took up a quarter of the total time. I'd never reached the end before let alone loop it, & it definitely took a minute to sus out that tunnel section. I even fucked myself over by saving at an impossible spot & had to suicide & start that section over again. I thought I only did 6 or 7 loops but it could have been more.

I reckon Scramble could be a potential roadblock for some. I know it's short and everything but it would have been nice to have less Scramble & more Salamander! Less Haunted Castle in general would have been cool as well, at least now there'll be no dealing with that one on the Castlevania comp.

Just now, NekoRave said:

I absolutely love scramble tbh haha

Oh I didn't mean to imply I had a bad time. 2D shooting is my favourite so it was great to experience all those loops for the first time. Got much better at the game during the process. Yeah Scramble is cool, laid some serious groundwork for future horizontal shooters. Just noticed when I was doing the trophies for this comp the life force/salamander bit was over before it even started which was a tiny bit sad, I could have gone a lot longer on that one!

• 1 year later...

Twinbee and especially LifeForce, trophies popped on the second stage for Lifeforce, I saw the score rocketing up and I was thinking wow at this rate I will be popping them on the first stage.

Yeah it's like nobody tested these games. Scramble is fun, but eight times in a row without any differences each time? Why?

Also why have Haunted Castle on this collection? Did Konami forget that this is supposed to be a shooting game collection?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/20/2020 at 3:59 PM, You said:

Also why have Haunted Castle on this collection? Did Konami forget that this is supposed to be a shooting game collection?

I'm glad they did, if for no other reason than Haunted Castle is one of the strangest footnotes in the Castlevania series, which is full of strange footnotes, and I'm happy I got the chance to play through it. The only other place where HC might have made sense is the Castlevania Anniversary Collection, but then Konami doesn't even completely acknowledge HC as a Castlevania title so that's probably why it wound up here.

Edited by MvComedy