Cost for Sony to repair PS3 Slim

navep9

About a week ago my PS3 Slim has finally passed away due to YLOD.  I'm thinking about calling Sony's customer support.  Before I do that, I want to know how much I would probably have to pay since all of the forum posts I've seen is from 2011 and is about the Fat PS3s.  I have a 120 GB PS3 Slim and it's as old as Christmas 2009.  Any ideas of the price? 

i never had to have my ps3 replaced so i cant say from personal exp but from what ive heard its about $100-$150 +the cost for shipping; did u get the extended warr from sony??

and i have heard good feedback from gophermods.com that could possibly fixit for cheaper

My PS3 Slim's blu ray drive died just a few days ago, however, me and my dad managed to fix. While it was broken I was looking at the price of used PS3's and they're really cheap nowadays. I'd recommend buying a used slim from ebay (or super slim) and sell the games that come with it to make your money back. :) 

Good luck!

Sony do not 'fix' to my knowledge, you get a 'new' (I say new because apparenty they are refurbished) unit at a lower price. But no garanties, so if it breaks down you have to pay again. When the same happened to me, I weighed the pros and cons, and decided on buying a new one from the shop ;)