Couple of MyTEAM questions

Cyvnyde

Hey all

Have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone will be able to clear up for me:

1) Does anyone know who the numbered players are this year? Had a look on Auction House but can't seem to find any. There may be none around at the time I looked but it'll be handy so I can keep an eye out.

2) Regarding the Undefeated trophy, does anyone have any tips? It seems to have quite a high percentage on here (well, 1.33%) and that is pretty high considering you have to win 12 games in a row in what is arguably a pay-to-win mode. The Perfection trophy seems easier and that has a much lower percentage (in 2K19 and also 18). I mean, I guess I have the skills to get it since I got the Perfection trophy legit in 2K18. Just wondering if I'm missing something that may make it a little easier.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Cyvnyde said:

Hey all

Have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone will be able to clear up for me:

1) Does anyone know who the numbered players are this year? Had a look on Auction House but can't seem to find any. There may be none around at the time I looked but it'll be handy so I can keep an eye out.

2) Regarding the Undefeated trophy, does anyone have any tips? It seems to have quite a high percentage on here (well, 1.33%) and that is pretty high considering you have to win 12 games in a row in what is arguably a pay-to-win mode. The Perfection trophy seems easier and that has a much lower percentage (in 2K19 and also 18). I mean, I guess I have the skills to get it since I got the Perfection trophy legit in 2K18. Just wondering if I'm missing something that may make it a little easier.

Thanks in advance.

1)  On your collections, check Signature limited (Premier section).  Most cards are much cheaper now.  You can probably get someone like Brandon Roy for the low 100Ks now.

2)  Strategy is pretty much the same.  Keep in mind folks have a real good team now, though.  It's not easier to in 12 in a row.  Scrubs are now doing overall glitches in the mode (check on YouTube).  Don't be fooled with the percentages....

Edited by grimydawg

20 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

1)  On your collections, check Signature limited (Premier section).  Most cards are much cheaper now.  You can probably get someone like Brandon Roy for the low 100Ks now.

2)  Strategy is pretty much the same.  Keep in mind folks have a real good team now, though.

Thanks for Point 1.

For Point 2.. I generally see people typically have a couple of PDs in their line-up but certainly not elite ones. Haven't come across others with Galaxy Opal cards yet but wanna get on this trophy before they become more common. I swear MyTEAM requirements alone are enough to warrant its own Platinum. Not as bad as 2K18 but still multiple hundreds of hours of gameplay required.

Unfortunately, especially when "prizes" are involved, people will glitch, cheat and do whatever it takes to win. More so than usual. I don't mind losing against a good team/player but, unfortunately, the 2K community is quite a toxic one.

Edited by Cyvnyde

Just now, Cyvnyde said:

Thanks for Point 1.

For Point 2.. I generally see people typically have a couple of PDs in their line-up but certainly not elite ones. Haven't come across others with Galaxy Opal cards yet but wanna get on this trophy before they become more common. I swear MyTEAM requirements alone are enough to warrant its own Platinum. Not as bad as 2K18 but still multiple hundreds of hours of gameplay required.

It depends on what kind of team you have, too.  When I did it, I had nothing but emerald players.  I also try to do those trophies as early as possible, that way I don't have to face godly teams as the season progresses.  Yeah, don't remind me of 2K18 :facepalm: It's not an exact science, but try not to have any players that are higher than emerald.  You're more likely to not face godly teams and/or more bad players that way, though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grimydawg said:

It depends on what kind of team you have, too.  When I did it, I had nothing but emerald players.  I also try to do those trophies as early as possible, that way I don't have to face godly teams as the season progresses.  Yeah, don't remind me of 2K18 :facepalm: It's not an exact science, but try not to have any players that are higher than emerald.  You're more likely to not face godly teams and/or more bad players that way, though.

Now that you mention it, on Saturday I went up against someone whose OVR was about 75 and during the load screen, he adjusted his line up to include a lot of PDs (inc. Jordan). Sounds like I've fallen victim to it already. Thought that was pretty odd at the time. Thanks for the heads up, though.

5 minutes ago, Cyvnyde said:

Now that you mention it, on Saturday I went up against someone whose OVR was about 75 and during the load screen, he adjusted his line up to include a lot of PDs (inc. Jordan). Sounds like I've fallen victim to it already. Thought that was pretty odd at the time. Thanks for the heads up, though.

Yeah, be careful.  The perfection trophy is harder because you have to win 12 in a row.  On NBA 2K18, all you had to do was win the majority of your games to get to pink diamond level.  That took me 100 games to get the max reward, though (went 70-30).  The only thing I have to do on MyTeam is get 2500 cards.  

Edited by grimydawg

1 minute ago, grimydawg said:

Yeah, be careful.  The perfection trophy is harder because you have to win 12 in a row.  On NBA 2K18, all you had to do was win the majority of your games to get to pink diamond level.  That took me 100 games to get the max reward, though (went 70-30).

I'll give it a go but I'm not going to stoop to glitching just for a trophy. It ruins the experience for anyone I'm matched up against and just promotes the glitch to everyone.

If 2K can't be bothered to fix this glitch then I don't mind not getting this trophy. A simple and balanced matchmaking approach should be tiered (like in SuperMax, but one that actually worked). Or just base it on your win/loss record. I guess they don't care too much if you go up against a much better team or not. If you do and get annihilated then you'd maybe consider purchasing packs to try and get a better team. 2K wins.

What is the glitch, just dumbing down your lineup so that you play other players with bad lineups (often n00bs)?  And does it not take into account who is on your bench (or players without minutes maybe)?  That seems like exploiting a matchmaking thing more than it is a glitch but maybe it counts.  Or are you referring to something else as the "glitch"?

I am not sure that I go all out for 12-0 but knowing how to improve your odds can help me earn some extra tokens for sure.  I know when I played the intro game to unlock the auction house and my opponent and I had crappy bronze teams. 

@grimydawg , how close are you to 2500 cards?  Have you unlocked JR Smith? 

5 minutes ago, djb5f said:

What is the glitch, just dumbing down your lineup so that you play other players with bad lineups (often n00bs)?  And does it not take into account who is on your bench (or players without minutes maybe)?  That seems like exploiting a matchmaking thing more than it is a glitch but maybe it counts.  Or are you referring to something else as the "glitch"?

I am not sure that I go all out for 12-0 but knowing how to improve your odds can help me earn some extra tokens for sure.  I know when I played the intro game to unlock the auction house and my opponent and I had crappy bronze teams. 

@grimydawg , how close are you to 2500 cards?  Have you unlocked JR Smith? 

It does take into account who is on your bench.

I agree that dumbing down your lineup isn't really a glitch or even an exploit and is completely legit. However, given the intent of people doing it and the fact they adjust minutes of top players in their line up in order to lower their OVR I guess makes it more of a shitty exploit than a glitch. If you have a team that's ~OVR 75-80, you shouldn't be going up against someone with multiple PDs, because they used an exploit or adjusted their line up on the loading screen and set their subs to manual.

47 minutes ago, Cyvnyde said:

It does take into account who is on your bench.

I agree that dumbing down your lineup isn't really a glitch or even an exploit and is completely legit. However, given the intent of people doing it and the fact they adjust minutes of top players in their line up in order to lower their OVR I guess makes it more of a shitty exploit than a glitch. If you have a team that's ~OVR 75-80, you shouldn't be going up against someone with multiple PDs, because they used an exploit or adjusted their line up on the loading screen and set their subs to manual.

Agree, it is a silly way to set up matchmaking so people will exploit that system any way possible. 

I imagine it will still be very difficult to get to 12-0 as others will also be doing similar stunts (more so more the prizes rather than a trophy).  And  I bet, the search criteria for the matchmaking opens up if you don't find a matchup initially.  If there aren't any all emerald and below teams exactly when you search, you might get matched up with a stacked team anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

Agree, it is a silly way to set up matchmaking so people will exploit that system any way possible. 

I imagine it will still be very difficult to get to 12-0 as others will also be doing similar stunts (more so more the prizes rather than a trophy).  And  I bet, the search criteria for the matchmaking opens up if you don't find a matchup initially.  If there aren't any all emerald and below teams exactly when you search, you might get matched up with a stacked team anyway.

Agreed.

For a game that is heavily based on multiplayer in most of its modes, they need to make sure they get that right. They never seem to do that. I kinda think it's deliberate as nearly all instances of multiplayer pushes microtransactions in the game (MyCAREER, MyTEAM, etc.)

• Like 1

Bit of an update... I've been playing with an ~85 OVR team and seem to be matched up with people with a similar OVR (biggest different was 85 vs 92). I'm personally going with Amethyst Curry, Diamond Jordan and Sapphire Drummond - for rebounding (the rest mainly silver and bronze). However, you could play a more balanced team. I'm keeping Jordan, etc in until 1 minute before the end of 3rd and subbing them out for a brief stamina break until the start of the 4th and bringing them back in.

This has worked for me 5 times out of 5. Of course, there needs to be some skill involved to beat people.

Also, when I had already lost one, I changed my OVR to ~90 just to test. My first match I went up against an OVR 99 with nearly all PD.

EDIT: Came across someone using that exploit, called them out on it over mic and they acted like they didn't know what they were doing. Asked them to explain how they got an all PD team with an OVR of 65. They went silent.

Edited by Cyvnyde
  • Like 1

So, I have played about 8 games in Unlimited and came across 3 different players using this exploit.

Not only do you need to win 12 games in a row (which is tough to begin with), but you also have to battle against the community using this exploit where they're essentially bypassing the OVR matchmaking system. Unless you go in there with a team full of GOs or PDs, then obtaining this trophy would be very near impossible.

I tried it once, got instantly matched up with an amethyst/diamond low 90’s team so I guess it sort of worked?  My team was in the 50’s, ha.  He ended up quitting on me very late in the game which sucked because I wanted to see my end game stats.

EDIT - 2nd game was against similar team.  3rd game was against a VERY skilled player with pink diamonds, 99 overall.  At this point, only the people who just begun have amethysts or lower, all very cheap cards and most have diamonds/pink diamonds so this strategy will not work so well as it might have earlier in the game.

EDIT2 - 4th game played a team with Galaxy Opal Jordan and blew a 2nd half 10 point lead (might have been 12 points even).

Edited by djb5f

I've now come up against 5 people exploiting in my last 10 games. The last guy I played against, I asked how he had 5 or 6 PDs and Diamonds with just an OVR of 80. None of them actually want to admit that they're exploiting crap. One of his responses was "out of winning and losing, I'm going to choose to win."

Seems unless you already have or are prepared to work for a good team then, whilst not impossible, I'd say this trophy is pretty much unattainable, unless, even after all that, you're prepared to use this exploit too. Even then it'll be very tough to do so. Could be wrong in this assumption but that's my impression. It just negates the point of a matchmaking system so lower OVR players might as well not even bother jumping into the online portion of this mode.

I should mention that I already have a pretty good team so it's not sour grapes or anything. :)

Edited by Cyvnyde

Yep, almost all teams out there have a few diamonds at this point.  Unless they just got the game.  And many diamonds are approaching 10K in price, easily attainable. 

Even if you do the lineup thing (which many seem to do), you will still get matched up against 99 teams.  I did with my low 60’s squad.  That was the game I blew the double digit 2nd half lead against GO Jordan and a team of pink diamonds.

So it really does not help you much, just put in the lineup you want and have rested subs.  Probably not related to my 2nd half collapse but that my team was fatigued crossed my mind.  It is really about getting defensive stops to translate into easy baskets.  This game is all about defense—>offense.  Let the D get back and set up after a made basket and much tougher in the half court set.

• Like 1

Kind of off-topic, but do you guys know how to get the Locked-In trophy? I won Tier 2 and 3 games in normal games then won a player-controlled game in Tier 1 but nothing happened. Didn't get promoted or anything. There's no counter telling you how many games you have left in that particular division or anything, like there was in 2K18.

Edited by Cyvnyde

• 3 months later...
On 5/7/2019 at 5:23 PM, Cyvnyde said:

Kind of off-topic, but do you guys know how to get the Locked-In trophy? I won Tier 2 and 3 games in normal games then won a player-controlled game in Tier 1 but nothing happened. Didn't get promoted or anything. There's no counter telling you how many games you have left in that particular division or anything, like there was in 2K18.

@Cyvnyde or @grimydawg ,

how did you go about getting Locked In??

Twice in a row now, I won the game needed for promotion as a player control in Tier 2 (last remaining Tier needing a win) and while it shows as a win in results and recent games, no win is given in Tier 2 nor advancement. It does count as a game played so fewer games available left.

Does it have to happen in your final available game in that season?  The trophy description does not indicate that.

Any help here much appreciated!  ?

Very buggy and annoying. 

Edited by djb5f

9 hours ago, djb5f said:

@Cyvnyde or @grimydawg ,

how did you go about getting Locked In??

Twice in a row now, I won the game needed for promotion as a player control in Tier 2 (last remaining Tier needing a win) and while it shows as a win in results and recent games, no win is given in Tier 2 nor advancement. It does count as a game played so fewer games available left.

Does it have to happen in your final available game in that season?  The trophy description does not indicate that.

Any help here much appreciated!  1f601.png

Very buggy and annoying. 

I generally get that trophy by playing regular ranked games, not player control games.

11 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

I generally get that trophy by playing regular ranked games, not player control games.

Even though the trophy states “player control” games.  Are we talking about the same trophy?  I am referring to Locked In.