Is this game that difficult/long compared to Soul Sacrifice?

I’m currently working on the Soul Sacrifice platinum and I was considering getting Delta too. But now I’m stuck at Pact IX on the double Illecebra fight and I’m not pretty sure if I’ll have the patience to go through the same thing again.

Is Delta that much difficult compared to the first one? Does the import save game save a lot of time for platinum? Because on the guide it says 90h to platinum Delta, that’s double the time as for Soul Sacrifice.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

There's more to do in Soul Sacrifice Delta and it will take longer to complete, but they balanced the difficulty and improved the AI of your companions, so the difficulty has been reduced somewhat. It's been awhile, but I'm pretty sure that particular boss combo is not in Delta.

• Delta has about twice the content of base Soul Sacrifice.
  • I found Delta to be a little bit easier than base, since the A.I. partners are actually helpful instead of being useless.
  • Importing does save time, since it lets you carry over story progress and most importantly up to 10 of each offerings you have, Which makes the grind for the Sorcerer Emeritus trophy a little less of a grind.
  • The main reason for the 90h plat time is because of the The Ideal Sorcerer, Defying the Gods Themselves, and the Faith in the Divine trophies. Getting 11,200 slayer points (33,600 in total) for each of them just takes time.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:
  • Delta has about twice the content of base Soul Sacrifice.
  • I found Delta to be a little bit easier than base, since the A.I. partners are actually helpful instead of being useless.
  • Importing does save time, since it lets you carry over story progress and most importantly up to 10 of each offerings you have, Which makes the grind for the Sorcerer Emeritus trophy a little less of a grind.
  • The main reason for the 90h plat time is because of the The Ideal Sorcerer, Defying the Gods Themselves, and the Faith in the Divine trophies. Getting 11,200 slayer points (33,600 in total) for each of them just takes time.

Speaking of your Soul Sacrifice Delta guide, it links to my old Archfiend Bestiary which was deleted a long time ago when I decided to unpublish my guides.

7 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

Speaking of your Soul Sacrifice Delta guide, it links to my old Archfiend Bestiary which was deleted a long time ago when I decided to unpublish my guides.

Really? I'll have to go unlink it then. It's a shame that guide is gone, it was really good.

@marius_maximus

If you are having trouble with double Illecebra, you can try the most OP build in the game:

At 50/50 combine with these Sigils: 

Drubbing Sigil II (1x Minotaur SE++, 2x Minotaur SE+, and 5x Minotaur SE)

Drubbing Sigil III (3x Ogre SE x3 and 3x Ogre) Found in the Hour of Harlequin DLC

Firesweep Sigil III (1x Valkyrie SE++ and 1x Fruit Spider SE++)  

Firesweep Sigil IV (1x Incubus SE++, 2x Incubus SE+, and 5x Incubus SE) Found in the Hour of Ash DLC

Demon Sigil V (3x Beelzebub SE and 3x Beelzebub LE) Found in the Hour of Cypress DLC

With these the following offerings:
2x Fly-Count's Crown (L) Beelzebub break reward.
Armor of your choice
2x Healing Seed (L) 

Regenesis Seed (L)

The build does require playing through some of the free DLC missions, but once you have the build you can solo just about every mission in the game.
Also if you are going to try and plat Delta as well, getting all the offerings from the DLC Archfiends will save you quite a bit of time in Delta.

Thanks a lot for your feedback guys, especially to @soultaker655 for the tips for Illecebra. I’ll try and get a copy of Delta then, although I’ve been looking for one online and I can only find the Japanese edition and at a very high price.

Thanks again!

Edit:

@soultaker655 I just realised that my levels are 23/75 so the neutral arm won’t have full effect... is it really worth to go back to 50/50?

Edited by marius_maximus

8 hours ago, marius_maximus said:

Edit:

@soultaker655 I just realised that my levels are 23/75 so the neutral arm won’t have full effect... is it really worth to go back to 50/50?

Once you have all the Sigils and the Fly-Count's Crown (L) yes it is. However, while you are getting to stuff needed for the build you can use whatever arm you want. 

On 12/5/2019 at 10:22 PM, soultaker655 said:

Once you have all the Sigils and the Fly-Count's Crown (L) yes it is. However, while you are getting to stuff needed for the build you can use whatever arm you want. 

Well now I managed to find out where I can farm the Fly-Count’s Crown and the sigils but I can even beat the dwarf on the first DLC quest, so I won’t even try and fight Belzebub. Any tips for those higher difficulties?