HAGARAN

Normal PS4 HDR problem

9 posts in this topic

0sPcVJ.md.gif

 

Guys, kindly advise. I created an account just for this, in regards to my normal ps4 linking to my 4k TV. I enabled hdr in my ps4, but somehow the screen flickers with the information "stereo 1080p" on EVERY trophy pop up and screen shot. 

I already selected enhanced 4k hdmi format, changed multiple hdmi cables. I'm on a premium hdmi and a Sony Bravia x7500f. 

This will not be a problem if I disable my console hdr, or change the video output to standard picture instead of enhanced 4k hdmi format. 

This is getting rather irritating.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HAGARAN said:

 

Spoiler

 

0sPcVJ.md.gif

 

Guys, kindly advise. I created an account just for this, in regards to my normal ps4 linking to my 4k TV. I enabled hdr in my ps4, but somehow the screen flickers with the information "stereo 1080p" on EVERY trophy pop up and screen shot. 

I already selected enhanced 4k hdmi format, changed multiple hdmi cables. I'm on a premium hdmi and a Sony Bravia x7500f. 

This will not be a problem if I disable my console hdr, or change the video output to standard picture instead of enhanced 4k hdmi format. 

This is getting rather irritating.

 

 

What HDMI port on the TV are you using? Have you tried a different one?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, skateak said:

What HDMI port on the TV are you using? Have you tried a different one?

 

I am using port 2 and 3, both are dedicated for 4k input. I have tried all 1234 but everyone has the same symptom. The only solution I found, is to disable HDR on the console. 

 

Alternatively, it also works when I change my TV hdmi signal input to "standard picture". Currently it is set to enhanced format, which is for compatible devices. My question, is what defines compatible devices? Certainly not a normal ps4 or else I wouldn't have this problem. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually have this problem too for my PS4 Pro on a Bravia and gave up on trying to solve it.  Have you tried switching off HDCP in the settings?  This solved another issue for me where the PS4 Pro wouldn't automatically change the input on the TV when I turned it on.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks like the info banner is popping up. Have you tried disabling it ? On my xe9305 (Android Oreo) it is under Settings>Channel Setup>Info Banner.  Hopefully this will help.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The_Slugkiller said:

This looks like the info banner is popping up. Have you tried disabling it ? On my xe9305 (Android Oreo) it is under Settings>Channel Setup>Info Banner.  Hopefully this will help.

Bro it works! You are a life saver!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! Now you can enjoy HDR without interruptions. Glad I could help 🙂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 10:13 PM, The_Slugkiller said:

This looks like the info banner is popping up. Have you tried disabling it ? On my xe9305 (Android Oreo) it is under Settings>Channel Setup>Info Banner.  Hopefully this will help.

 

Many thanks, this worked for me as well! :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ccase137 said:

 

Many thanks, this worked for me as well! :)

Excellent!  Thanks for taking the time to update me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.