Normal PS4 HDR problem

HAGARAN

0sPcVJ.md.gif

Guys, kindly advise. I created an account just for this, in regards to my normal ps4 linking to my 4k TV. I enabled hdr in my ps4, but somehow the screen flickers with the information "stereo 1080p" on EVERY trophy pop up and screen shot. 

I already selected enhanced 4k hdmi format, changed multiple hdmi cables. I'm on a premium hdmi and a Sony Bravia x7500f. 

This will not be a problem if I disable my console hdr, or change the video output to standard picture instead of enhanced 4k hdmi format. 

This is getting rather irritating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HAGARAN said:

Spoiler

0sPcVJ.md.gif

Guys, kindly advise. I created an account just for this, in regards to my normal ps4 linking to my 4k TV. I enabled hdr in my ps4, but somehow the screen flickers with the information "stereo 1080p" on EVERY trophy pop up and screen shot. 

I already selected enhanced 4k hdmi format, changed multiple hdmi cables. I'm on a premium hdmi and a Sony Bravia x7500f. 

This will not be a problem if I disable my console hdr, or change the video output to standard picture instead of enhanced 4k hdmi format. 

This is getting rather irritating.

What HDMI port on the TV are you using? Have you tried a different one?

4 hours ago, skateak said:

What HDMI port on the TV are you using? Have you tried a different one?

I am using port 2 and 3, both are dedicated for 4k input. I have tried all 1234 but everyone has the same symptom. The only solution I found, is to disable HDR on the console. 

Alternatively, it also works when I change my TV hdmi signal input to "standard picture". Currently it is set to enhanced format, which is for compatible devices. My question, is what defines compatible devices? Certainly not a normal ps4 or else I wouldn't have this problem. 

I actually have this problem too for my PS4 Pro on a Bravia and gave up on trying to solve it.  Have you tried switching off HDCP in the settings?  This solved another issue for me where the PS4 Pro wouldn't automatically change the input on the TV when I turned it on.

3 hours ago, The_Slugkiller said:

This looks like the info banner is popping up. Have you tried disabling it ? On my xe9305 (Android Oreo) it is under Settings>Channel Setup>Info Banner.  Hopefully this will help.

Bro it works! You are a life saver!!

On 5/24/2019 at 10:13 PM, The_Slugkiller said:

This looks like the info banner is popping up. Have you tried disabling it ? On my xe9305 (Android Oreo) it is under Settings>Channel Setup>Info Banner.  Hopefully this will help.

Many thanks, this worked for me as well! :)