"Mana stone farming"

Blackmist_FFXI

Just wondering whats considered the fastest or most effective way to get a mana stone. 

Ive read everywere that farming infin. Dungeon floors 30-60 is best or ideal. How ever i just made it to floor 30 at lv 21. By the skin of my teeth.

As well as farming the 1st chest in B2.

Ive done that for a good hour

And have gotten hell stones and othet celestial (?) upgrade awakening gems. But haven't seen a mana stone.

Is it possible to get one of these low teir stones from story dungeons?

I did the first chest in B2. I've heard that the chest in B25 is also good with drops (not specifically the mana stone), but those enemies were taking half my health and I really didn't want to keep leveling up. It also takes a lot longer to go five levels then it does just restarting the first one. I was probably averaging one stone every 1.5-2 hours, which is ridiculous but you only need 3. 

There's another chest on B7 so if I got a mana stone on B2, I would also open that one. Never got more than one mana stone per attempt, though, so I would just skip it. What I wouldn't skip is the money rooms in the maze where it's just gold chest, unless you're already rolling with money, since you need 250k or something to awaken the item. Bosses and non-boss enemies that drop loot also has a chance of dropping mana stones, but I usually just ran past everything that I could.

You can't get awakening material from the campaign.

My recommendation is to watch a movie or read a book as you keep restarting the first level. Just make sure to pay attention to what the drops are. 

Ya ive been watching YouTube lol

I just need 1 mana stone to awaken the rookie weapon

Guess ill spend my next day off working ont that lol 

Im guessing the chest on B7 is the warp room?   *that room confusled me quite well when i first encountered it lol

The B7 chest is in the room with the purple goo where you run to the end, destory some boxes, and a boss pops out. If you go all the way left through the goo and then north, there's a little platform with the chest. It's a bit hard to find at first because you have to be right on top of it, but after the first time it's super easy to find. 

Wana tack on.

Abit jelly if ya was gettin 1 mana stone every ~ 2 hr

@4hr now and nothing xD alot of invig. Chilly and hell fire ingots.

But none o that basic stone lol game hates me

Edit: of course after this post.

I got a mana stone and a infinity script.

Complaining always solves my problems xD

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI
Item obtained

• 2 weeks later...