Stick With It

AtomicAltruism

This game doesn't hit its stride until at least 15 hours in,

it falls into a fun loop of destroy collect explore repeat.

By the end i was having so much fun in my Dreadnaught that the grind was fun.

Absolutely a must have platinum, if you stick with it.

☺️

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I completely loved this game. Yes, it did take me a little bit to get into it. The controls and play style were something I was not used to. I was a little shy on what to do in the beginning and I waited so long before upgrading my ship (which I completely regretted when I found out the game works with you on your purchases).If there are any other games like this, please let me know. I did play through Everspace which was a little bit similar but not quite.

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2019 at 4:58 PM, SupergiantStarr said:

This didn't hook me immediately when I first played it, but I may get back into it. The new one, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, looks really cool and it'll be nice to have this plat.

I see that you finished the game. Did you enjoy it once you spent more time with it?

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2020 at 2:22 AM, StressEater said:

I see that you finished the game. Did you enjoy it once you spent more time with it?

I'm not the original commenter, but I loved the first game, didn't plat it (can't remember why, probably some other game came out), found out about Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, bought it on day 1, plat'd it, it's not bad but all it did was remind me how much fun I had with the first game. So I'm now back playing Rebel Galaxy for the plat.

The two games are similar but different. You played the first game so you know it's all naval combat in space. The new game is starfighter only, no broadside, all dogfights; there are way fewer ship variety and upgrades; the economy is simplified (no war, famine, tech boom, etc.); merchant and mercenary guilds exist, but no rank and no guild specific gear to unlock; it's more story focused with more dialogues (but not very good); you can play asteroids (the retro arcade game), slot, dice poker and 8 ball pool at the bar. In the first game, you are mostly sailing on a 2D plane, the 2nd game lets you fly in all directions in 3D.

Outlaw feels more like a lower budget spin-off than a full fledged sequel to the first game, pretty much all aspects have been scaled down, but more arcadey with fast paced action. It's still a fun game, but if I have to choose between the two, the first game is the superior game.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 9:43 PM, whassupbun said:

I'm not the original commenter, but I loved the first game, didn't plat it (can't remember why, probably some other game came out), found out about Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, bought it on day 1, plat'd it, it's not bad but all it did was remind me how much fun I had with the first game. So I'm now back playing Rebel Galaxy for the plat.

The two games are similar but different. You played the first game so you know it's all naval combat in space. The new game is starfighter only, no broadside, all dogfights; there are way fewer ship variety and upgrades; the economy is simplified (no war, famine, tech boom, etc.); merchant and mercenary guilds exist, but no rank and no guild specific gear to unlock; it's more story focused with more dialogues (but not very good); you can play asteroids (the retro arcade game), slot, dice poker and 8 ball pool at the bar. In the first game, you are mostly sailing on a 2D plane, the 2nd game lets you fly in all directions in 3D.

Outlaw feels more like a lower budget spin-off than a full fledged sequel to the first game, pretty much all aspects have been scaled down, but more arcadey with fast paced action. It's still a fun game, but if I have to choose between the two, the first game is the superior game.

Thanks for the info. I want to pick this up but I am so busy right now with Port Royale 4. I am so close to finishing it but the game keeps crashing on me. So, its taking a lot longer than I would like it to. But, as soon as I am done with it. I plan to pick this up. I really like these types of games. 

• Like 1