PS Plus Annual Subcription Voucher Code Unrecognised?

Pardon me if I've posted this in the wrong forum category.

I bought a voucher for one year PS Plus membership to go on top of my current subscription which ends in August. I entered the code via my iPhone and accepted it, went on my PS4 onto the PS Plus menu to check my subscription status.

It stated that it would renew on said date for 79.95 AUD, yet I just accepted a code I spent 55.95 AUD on (the Days Of Play 30% off deal).

Then I realized I forgot to cancel/un-renew my current subscription before inserting the code. The code I redeemed is visible on my account’s transaction history so I don’t think I should be worrying.

But what do any of y'all think? Did I just flush $55 down the fucking toilet or will it work when it comes into affect?

Please reply. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Skeptical69

Check the date your Plus membership ends to see if it was accepted. When you insert a Plus code it should combine with your current membership delaying the end date with how much the card is. For example, if your Plus ended on August 31st, 2019 and you added a 1-year Plus card then your current membership should end on August 31st, 2020.

Are you asking if you lost the subscription? if it activated, it will add to the current time you have. If you had 3 months left and added 1 year, now you will have 1 year and 3 months left. You can check your remaining time as subscriber on your profile, I think.

Quote me if I completely misunderstood your question.

On 6/12/2019 at 8:47 PM, TugaSonic said:

Check the date your Plus membership ends to see if it was accepted. When you insert a Plus code it should combine with your current membership delaying the end date with how much the card is. For example, if your Plus ended on August 31st, 2019 and you added a 1-year Plus card then your current membership should end on August 31st, 2020.

Holy crap! I was reading your reply and at first I was thinking “What the hell are you referring to? Am I missing something?”

Ah well, problem solved.

Edited by Skeptical69