Trophy rarity

JPenida

5 minutes ago, Il_Doflamingo said:

'Cause that trophy follows the same logic of DLC trophies in which the rarity is based off the amount of DLC owners. But I'm not 100% sure...

But the trophy is from a free update, everyone who has the game owns the DLC

If the question would've been "why" I'd say "because rarities of DLC trophies aren't accurate at all and means absolutely nothing, but since the question is "how", well I have no clue because I don't see how PSNP can know or calculate how many people own the DLC without earning a single trophy, and anyway this calculation is obviously wrong so it's not really relevant I guess...

• Like 1

The formula for dlc owners is something along the lines of average of "total owners" + "amount of people that earned 1 trophy in the dlc", if I'm not wrong.

This obviously isn't the most ideal way, but it's the best way "for paid dlc" that we can get, because there's no way to know who owns a dlc without them earning a trophy in it. 

Using total owners would be worst in those cases and differentiating paid and free dlc would be hard (manually done), and would make it even more complicated for people to understand than it already is. 

• Like 1

I do think free update DLC rarity should be based on full game owners. Another website has this distinction, but the trophy set has to be switched manually between whether it's free or paid so it's probably a bit of a hassle.

But yeah, as others have said, despite this being a free update available to all it uses a DLC rarity formula rather than based on game owners. You can get a rough idea of the rarity of it in this case by looking at the 100%s rarity because it's only 1 trophy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

I do think free update DLC rarity should be based on full game owners. Another website has this distinction, but the trophy set has to be switched manually between whether it's free or paid so it's probably a bit of a hassle.

Sure if a game came with the DLC pre-installed on the disc (eg. TLOU Remastered) then it's pretty straightforward to say that base game owners = DLC owners. But why should someone who played this game 2 years ago (before this DLC existed) be counted for this new DLC trophy? If you think about what the rarity means (how many people achieved the trophy out of how many people started the game and attempted to achieve the trophy) - did every base game owner attempt this DLC trophy?