Serendipitous

Asmund

This can't be obtained in the Sazh DLC, I have somewhere around 600k coins from poker and it has yet to pop. Switched to slots won another 20k and still no trophy. Save your time and go after it in the normal story for those of you who have DLC. Hopefully this didn't glitch anything for me will try again in normal play when I regain the patience.

Getting this trophy through Chocobo races is easier if I remember well.

You still have to do slots for the 7777 coins fragment (?) so you should go for them anyway, but just in case you don't manage to get Serendipitous while at it I recommend going for races.

• Like 1

It's best to try it with the slot machine, but it's unlikely you'll actually get it that way.

Key thing is the trophy requires you to be up a net of 10,000 coins.  The fragment only requires you to win 7,777 coins in slots.  So, if you start the slots with 10,000 lose 5,000 and win 8,000 you'll get the fragment since you won over 7,777, but you'll only be 3,000 of the way to Serendipitous (8,000 - 5,000 = 3,000).

Since you can't really lose big on the Chocobo races just grinding it out that way is easier once you have the slot fragment.  I think it took me 2 hours of grinding races after I got the slot fragment.     

Edited by Helmet_time
  • Like 1

Thanks for the tips guys I've been stuck on this trophy for days because my OCD won't allow me to move on, I think I probably exited slots a few times well before achieving a net gain of 10k so instead I have all these small micro gains here and there. That makes sense I'll try the slots again then if that doesn't work I'm off to the races.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 2:37 PM, Asmund89 said:

Thanks for the tips guys I've been stuck on this trophy for days because my OCD won't allow me to move on, I think I probably exited slots a few times well before achieving a net gain of 10k so instead I have all these small micro gains here and there. That makes sense I'll try the slots again then if that doesn't work I'm off to the races.

Just start a hot slot machine and stick your controller holding x somewhere and watch tv and in an hour or so you'll have it without playing.