Getting gold for the Master Collector trophy (mid 2019)

cris3f

Disclaimer. The game is always changing and what's here applies mid 2019. It can probably be no longer valid in the future. Update Sep 2019. There's been quite a few changes in the Training modes games, games have become more difficult. If they remove the option of platting the game with Training mode games time to finish will be considerably longer.

Master Collector is by far the grindiest trophy in the game to get. It's not difficult, like Last One Standing which seems impossible to get these days without boosting, or Bounty Hunter which requires some luck. But it will take a LONG time.

To get it you need to collect 60 talents. You get one talent for each character when you reach level 2, another when you reach level 8. You can buy these levels with gold:

level 2 needs 3000 gold

level 8 needs 36000 gold

This can be done in the champions menu. If you already evolved the character beyond 0, you'll need less gold to get level 2 or 8. But even so for 8 you need a lot of gold. As said by other posts in the forum the best way to reach 60 talents is to take all current characters (41) to level 2, and then 19 others to level 8.

You can level a character by playing with it. You'll also get some gold that you can use on other characters or the same one. You have a roster of 5 base characters when you start the game: Cassie, Jenos, Lex, Ruckus and Viktor. All others are locked, unless you get a free weekend with all characters unlocked and 4 others called the weekly rotation which supposedly lasts 2 weeks, but as of now I've got the same ones for more than a month.

Now the problem is how to get more gold which you'll surely need, because if you intend to level all characters by playing them it's going to take forever. You can get gold by playing games or fulfilling quests and and awards.

Quests can be seen from the main menu. There's daily and special quests. The best way to rack gold is by fulfilling what they require.

You'll get 3 new daily quests and they'll give you 1000-2500 gold in total. Usually is x eliminations, shield x in games, get x kills, play x games with a specific class, play x kind of games, etc. The grindiest one I got is play 10 games in a day. They're very easy to complete.

Special quests will last until you finish them, but once you finish them all it's very seldom you'll get a new one. So focusing on getting all daily quests you can each day is your best bet to get more gold with less effort. If you go to your profile and awards you also can see a lot of awards that provide gold, and each of the trophies. On the Xbox there seems to be an achievement for each award, on the PS4 they reduced the trophies to a few. But there's plenty of awards that can provide gold and can be easily achieved like Surgeon General, Champion Mastery, Double Kills, Unstoppable, Not Like This, Bullet Sponge, among others. Master Collector is also here, you can check your progress here, which is reasonably fast until the 45ish, then crawls like a snail.

There's also a Daily Reward Bonus for playing on consecutive days but you have to go each day to the store to claim it (how dumb...). The reward starts at 200 gold, then 400 gold, 600, 800, 1000. at the 6th day 15 crystals, 7th 35 crystals. This is actually the only way I found to get free crystals.

EDIT: Gone from 9/Jan/2020, no more daily rewards bonus, so to get crystals you have to finish the Battle Pass. This will probably mean getting gold will be a lot harder too.

You can win up to 1800 additional gold each day by having a win in each of the modes (Team Death Match, Onslaught and Siege; Ranked; Training Onslaught and Siege). Each win nets 300 gold. but netting a win on some of these modes isn't easy. it depends on you, your teammates and your opponents. You need to have ranked unlocked to play it.

The other way to get gold is by playing games. You'll get around 50-350 gold on each game, depending on your performance and your team overall performance. But this is not set in stone and like XP what you'll get it's weird as hell. I've played games that I was fantastically successful and got 1000-2000 XP and less than 50 gold, and some other where me and my team were lousy and got 4000-5000 XP and more than 150 gold. And some the opposite where I earned lots of gold with miserable XP, or lots of XP and miserable gold. I tried to figure how this works, found no information. I do think that the best way to get gold is by playing Onslaught Training games, by far. Most of the times you'll be the only real player, which quite frankly is usually better as most real players won't go to the capture point and just focus on kills and your team will lose. These games are usually fast, 6-9 minutes and much easier to win than siege. Even so it can be difficult if the 5 bots of the opposing team are strong and they all manage to camp in the capture area. This can most likely happen mostly in Marauder's Port and and second in Magistrate's Archives.  Either you have a really good party or a good support with lots and easy healing, or you'll never get the capture point back.

Siege games, specially with real players usually take around 20 minutes or more and it's more unreliable in final rewards, as it will depend on your performance and your team (usually there's no team, and it's everyone for himself) so they are a lot less interesting. However if you need to play siege games do try to play them with real players, you'll have a lot more chances of winning (yep, your bots are that bad on Siege training).

Death Match games yield little gold, even if your team wins, you kill a lot and get many eliminations, so they're not very interesting if you just want to get this fast.

If you're playing training games, some of the 4 players on your team can be real players or bots. Bots have one word names, with caps in first letter. They will all choose their champions at the same time, when all human players have (if there's any besides you). One from each possible class will be chosen if available. In the next screen with the 2 teams all bots will be level 0 (of course the enemy team will all be 0). In training all the players in the opposing team are bots.

If you find partners and play in a party you'll get a 10% bonus increase in gold and XP. Not much but anything helps.

There's also challenges in the Battle Pass. As you gain XP you'll progress in the Battle Pass. Each Tier will unlock challenge groups that when completed will reward lots of XP which will increase your Battle Pass and level, and consequently yield more gold. Be warned thought that most of the challenges are pretty esoteric and some are very hard to achieve. Requirements for each challenge will change for each Battle Pass, check if they can easily be done. Some are awfully difficult, cumbersome and lucky prone.

Playing games does level your current character and you get gold you can use to level others or buy new ones but still takes a long time. Again, focus on the daily quests. You need around 1 hour of gameplay each day to get them all, usually less.

There's a 10.000 gold limit per day (15.000 if using gold gain boosters) so extensive farming is impossible.

You'll most probably need to buy champions. They were pretty cheap at the beginning (all around 10000 gold it seems), as of now they cost either 15000, 30000 or 60000. Of course the cheapest ones will be a better buy so try to get those, there's a few good ones at this price range.

Try to use the 4 champions asmuch as you can that are on the "weekly" free rotation. You can recognize them on the champions page as they have a circular yellow arrow above their name. If you can bring them to level 8, these will help towards the 60 talents requirements. You'll not have to buy them and they'll provide gold for other things while you level them.

You can expect 100-200 hours of actual gameplay to get the 60 talents. Remember you'll most probably need to boost the "Last One Standing" trophy. Just consider that to the first gamers to get this trophy it just popped in the first game they played along with a ton of others, as there's lots of them who got easy stuff from the early preview... This trophy was a lot easier.

Some last tips.

I always thought Seris was a crappy character. It's not. Create a special loadout for her. To do this, go to champions menu, choose her, then use R1 to choose loadouts. Create a new one. Add all four cards from the Restore Soul area (bottom left), then any other card you'll like. You'll have to give points to the cards so that they total 15. Give 5 to Soul Forge, 5 to Blood Pact and 3 to Bane. When the game starts choose the Mortal Reach ability and this loadout. Play Onslaught Training and stay back, continuously using L2 to heal your team mates and R2 to shoot whatever you can. You'll get easily 150.000+ heal points, a few kills and eliminations, and a easy team win with minimal hassle and effort. If you're crushing the other team (usual) you can let yours take some beating for a while to increase your healing. And the Surgeon General award if you did not have it.

Some good and easy to master champions to win games in Training modes with minimal effort are Vivian (awesome for some maps), Dredge (very good on all maps), Viktor, Tyra, Willo, Barik, Imani, Grover, Grohk, Jenos, Koga and Skye. Perhaps you'll find others.

Questions Later is a LOT easier in training than in real games. This is easier in a bigger map with more obstacles to the capture point. Use Viktor and stay back, in a place where the enemies can't see you. If the bots spot you they'll hunt you down and usually that means death. Wait until they all concentrate on the capture area and your bots team mates are attacking them. Then just throw grenades to the enemies area, hiding immediately until you get another. Repeat until the trophy pops. If you're directly spotted by an enemy he'll track you down, probably you'll miss the trophy. Best map for this would be Bazaar in Siege, or Foreman's Rise in Onslaught.

You can also use this for Bounty Hunter. Let your team be massacred. Keep attention to the voices as it will say that an enemy is Unstoppable (7x),then Savage (9x), Immortal (11x), Godlike (13x) and finally what you want which is Annihilation (15x). Then start killing the opposition using Viktor with grenades. Or any other character with a really powerful special, like Inara, hoping that there was enough time to get it. But Bounty Hunter will be possible in any game your team is getting massacred.

Ignore most of the videos pre 2019 for the most difficult to get trophies. Maps have changed, game modes too, so the majority are worthless today and a waste of time.

Hope this helps others trying to finish the game. If anyone has or finds a faster way to get the talents and gold just share it.

I've been adding all the information I can as I finish this myself. It does mean it becomes probably too long,boring and painful, but I hate to read long grinding trophy stuff that doesn't explain everything. So I choose to detail all I can.

Have fun.

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Anton_games337 said:

So can I actually boost all trophies in this game? How many people Ill need to boost this gold? Approximately, how much time all boost will take?

Most trophies will pop easily just by playing a few games in training and the tutorial. You can theoretically boost all trophies, but Master Collector will still take 100 to 200 hours. You would need 5 to assure everything. I think it would be a bore, but it's your choice (and the other 4 of course).

2 minutes ago, cris3f said:

Most trophies will pop easily just by playing a few games in training and the tutorial. You can theoretically boost all trophies, but Master Collector will still take 100 to 200 hours. You would need 5 to assure everything. I think it would be a bore, but it's your choice (and the other 4 of course).

In which game mode it could be boostable faster. Is it easy to connect with friends to fill the lobby and boost safe? Can I donate and get those 60 talents immediately?

7 minutes ago, cris3f said:

For example, season pass gives same talents

12 minutes ago, Anton_games337 said:

In which game mode it could be boostable faster. Is it easy to connect with friends to fill the lobby and boost safe? Can I donate and get those 60 talents immediately?

For example, season pass gives same talents

I explained the game modes the best I could, but it's my opinion. You can try to find a faster way.

As long as there's a party leader with 4 other friends, you'll be together, as only the party leader will join a game, the other 4 will just follow him. But unless you have 10, you'll have to play against 5 bots or 5 other real players. Having 10 you need the 2 party leaders try to search for the same game type at the same time, preferably on empty servers, like Asia or Australia. Not easy thought.

You can't donate or buy any pass that will give you the 60 talents. You can get a few, but a huge grinding will be necessary anyway. Unless they change the packs or bundles, and it will be bad business to make them nicer, so it's difficult that will happen.

• 8 months later...

With the recent patch, buying levels option is removed so you either have to grind golds to purchase the characters and grind them individually or purchase the character pass (I know it might be ridiculous to spend money on a F2P game that makes this worse every time) and reduce the grind for unlocking those characters. Now the grind has been longer again...

4 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

With the recent patch, buying levels option is removed so you either have to grind golds to purchase the characters and grind them individually or purchase the character pass (I know it might be ridiculous to spend money on a F2P game that makes this worse every time) and reduce the grind for unlocking those characters. Now the grind has been longer again...

That was expected unfortunately. It can be mostly expected that all Hi Res plats will be a PITA grind unless you buy something. I would do it too in their shoes honestly. The only surprise is why they didn't do it earlier.