Simple method for Darkest Hours raid trophy by

Despite the trophy description, you don’t actually have to complete the entire raid, just the last boss, as long as there are 8 people. Using matchmaking, you can find someone who is on the 3rd boss (Lucy and Buddy) or the final boss (Razorback). After that, leave the lobby, and it will save your progress to be at that boss. HOWEVER, you will only be able to resume this progress as host once. When host, whether you die, complete the raid, or back out, you will be reset to the first boss. So, my solution for this was to switch off hosting with a co-op partner so our progress was always saved. If I’m hosting, and 3 people leave or we have a very bad group, he would back out, and then host from the final boss again, and rinse and repeat with me becoming host next. 

One additional tip: you can actually matchmake players once you load in if someone leaves, but you seemingly have to do so manually. Go to the social menu, click stop finding agents, and restart finding agents, and 9 times out of 10 we got a replacement player instantly. We never successfully got a new player while in the raid without doing that. You do not have to complete the first three bosses!

I can try my best to answer questions, but my loadout was just a level 500 LMG and  Rifle, no special talents or gear bonuses. As long as you watch the SAM turrets on the last boss, and get at least 2/3 people who know what they’re doing, it is rather straightforward!

Edited by olivetheturtle
  • Like 4

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:25 AM, olivetheturtle said:

Despite the trophy description, you don’t actually have to complete the entire raid, just the last boss, as long as there are 8 people. Using matchmaking, you can find someone who is on the 3rd boss (Lucy and Buddy) or the final boss (Razorback). After that, leave the lobby, and it will save your progress to be at that boss. HOWEVER, you will only be able to resume this progress as host once. When host, whether you die, complete the raid, or back out, you will be reset to the first boss. So, my solution for this was to switch off hosting with a co-op partner so our progress was always saved. If I’m hosting, and 3 people leave or we have a very bad group, he would back out, and then host from the final boss again, and rinse and repeat with me becoming host next. 

One additional tip: you can actually matchmake players once you load in if someone leaves, but you seemingly have to do so manually. Go to the social menu, click stop finding agents, and restart finding agents, and 9 times out of 10 we got a replacement player instantly. We never successfully got a new player while in the raid without doing that. You do not have to complete the first three bosses!

I can try my best to answer questions, but my loadout was just a level 500 LMG and  Rifle, no special talents or gear bonuses. As long as you watch the SAM turrets on the last boss, and get at least 2/3 people who know what they’re doing, it is rather straightforward!

Thank you for sharing this method in the forums olivetheturtle! I'm sure this will help out a lot of players and It's already been stated that you only need to complete the final boss and not the entire raid, despite I haven't seen the whole raid yet,  but I will defiantly consider trying this method if I ever plan to start up The Division 2 :) 

Edited by TAY1OR1437
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 4/8/2019 at 1:25 AM, olivetheturtle said:

The trophy can be achieved by doing the Raid on Discovery Mode?