Game keep crashing

jim_guitariste

Yes Map 29 tends to crash in coop. My recommendation would be to watch the weapon spawns when you kill an enemy. Make sure once in awhile you pick them up so a bunch won't be in the level at once. I notice it won't crash as often that way. Or i would recommend trying to do Map 29 in one go, it's hard but it will be much easier then dying over and over again. From Pistol start alone its almost impossible here's a video that Elite Agent made i used this to beat map 29.    

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

@KTILLA23 You sir are a life saver ^^ I couldn’t figure out for the life of me what was causing map 29 to crash so often. What you said helped me narrow down the problem. There apparently is no set limit to how many weapon drops can stay on the map, meaning new ones won’t make old ones disappear after a while. When killing shotgun guys and heavy weapon dudes over and over again from them respawning, shotguns and chainguns keep piling up. The game then goes over it’s sprite limit, freaks out and crashes. Sounds like a programming oversight for sure. This is why only so many Lost Souls can be spawned from Pain Elementals and Doomguy corpses start disappearing when there is too many on the map.

The crashes were so frustrating because it wasn’t my skill that was holding me back, but thanks to your advice I made a habit of picking up the weapons every so often and I was able to beat map 29 on Nightmare difficulty by myself in about 35 minutes. Thank you!

Edited by ShonenCat

• 6 months later...
On 8/8/2020 at 3:35 PM, AllanGronkjaer said:

my game keeps crashing in other levels as well its a joke they have not patched it yet

Curious, how long are you in each level before the crashing?  I know that's a bit hard to track, but it appears if a level goes over a certain amount of time it may start to have issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10.8.2020 at 1:50 AM, uhdead said:

Curious, how long are you in each level before the crashing?  I know that's a bit hard to track, but it appears if a level goes over a certain amount of time it may start to have issues.

Its because of to many weapon drops from enemies that pile ud that makes the game crash