Shared Story Progression Issue (Right after turning on the ship power)

I ran into a bug with a friend online in shared story. We were working on getting the co-op only collectibles in chapters Glamor Girl and Matters of the Heart. We got to the point where Brad and Julie drop down to turn on the ship power (This is right after finding the radio that you need to power up, and we had to choose Brad and Julie to go find the generator in order to get to the Matters of the Heart chapter). I was playing as Brad and my co-op friend as Julie. I walked over to the power switch and turned it on and saw a cutscene of Alex talking to the coast guard on the now powered radio. However, my friend said the dialog was looping and he didn't see the cutscene. I walked over to the rebreather in order to trigger the next scene thinking it may fix the issue, but he was still stuck in a dialog loop and could not control his character. So basically when Julie has to decide whether to take the rebreather or not, she cannot make that decision. Even though for me it says "friend is deciding" he is not seeing the pop up to make any choices. When the decision timer runs out, nothing happens for either of us and we cannot progress past this point. I have a backup save, and when we reload it to try again, it instantly starts with the power being on and Alex talking into the radio, but the bug happens for my friend each time and he either sees a dialog loop, or cant do anything but walk around and can't trigger any scenes.  We tried to reload 3 times and have the same issue. I told him to reinstall the game to see if that fixes it, but we won't get the chance to try again until later this week. I am also curious as to see if someone else has this problem, or wants to join me to see if it happens and get the co-op only collectibles in Matters of the Heart. 

Okay so we started again after the first bug and it happened again. This time at a different spot where you get locked into the room. I don’t know how to prevent this problem. The game is always telling us once we get locked in the room that our connection is weak and we need to load the save again after this. The bugs are happening after that so it might have to do with it. I’m just so exhausted from this bugfuck game. Starting the coop run over and over can’t be a solution. Did anyone else has had here massive problems?