Did I just softlock the game?

EdgeOfPortal

In Chapter 4, in order to update your map, you have to climb a tower and open some doors. After heading down, I realized I forgot a trophy for climbing above the main room to the top of the tower. I think it's called "Your Prize". So, I restarted from checkpoint and I got back up, but the problem is, the elevator didn't come back up with me. I got the trophy but I don't see any other way to get down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

In Chapter 4, in order to update your map, you have to climb a tower and open some doors. After heading down, I realized I forgot a trophy for climbing above the main room to the top of the tower. I think it's called "Your Prize". So, I restarted from checkpoint and I got back up, but the problem is, the elevator didn't come back up with me. I got the trophy but I don't see any other way to get down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can’t just manually climb down or die?

1 minute ago, djb5f said:

Maybe try that too but I am not sure it will help.

It’s been a little while but I thought you would be able to climb all the way down the same way climbed up (i.e. on the outside of the tower).

Nope. Tried several times now. Anyway I'm going to try just restarting chapter 4. (Unfortunately this was my crushing playthrough but luckily its possible to obtain through chapter select. Thanks for the help though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Nope. Tried several times now. Anyway I'm going to try just restarting chapter 4. (Unfortunately this was my crushing playthrough but luckily its possible to obtain through chapter select. Thanks for the help though.

Sorry, I could not help.  Truly odd.  

Last piece of advice is that after you synchronize on the top of the tower, to do a leap of faith into the haystack below.  Oh, wrong game ?

• Like 1