Trophy difficulty?

Akatsukyio

3 minutes ago, Akatsukyio said:

Im guessing it all boils down to the 100% completion with the minigames. How hard are they in this game? Whats the platinum difficulty too and estimated in game hours?

Haven't played it yet, but it seems the minigames completion requirement is much easier than Zero's (no old-school arcade games like Outrun or Space Harrier). I think the only hard parts from what I understand are going to be the car chase sequence on Legend, Haruka's Requests (Pool Rotation and getting 950 on Oatmeal karaoke song) and the climax battles. Overall, it seems to be one of the easier Yakuza games.

My estimation: 5/6 difficulty if you've played Zero or other games in the series, otherwise this can jump up to a 7 and about 100~120 hrs time. Zero took me about 180 hrs for full completion.

• Like 2

I agree with Whitelightnin683, if you've played previous Yakuza games, it's much faster. The reason for this is that requirements for Adventure and Battle CP's will be in the back of your head from the beginning.

I completed Yakuza Kiwami a few months ago, and I did it in 75 hours I think. I had previously completed Zero (in 135 hours or so). Kiwami overall was not a difficult game, but there are difficult parts. The car chase on Legend difficulty is pretty brutal, but obviously not impossible. Haruka's pool and karaoke requests are quite infamous, but I breezed through those, so I don't know. Getting all weapons and items was an annoying grind, because I had to grind lots and lots of Collosseum matches to be able to afford stuff, as well as selling a lot of my inventory. But I think this could've been avoided if I had known that getting all items and weapons was a requirement. 

So... 

Time: 75-90 hours

Difficulty: 6/10 - some things are difficult, but most of the game is a 3/10 or 4/10. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Whitelightnin683 said:

Haven't played it yet, but it seems the minigames completion requirement is much easier than Zero's (no old-school arcade games like Outrun or Space Harrier). I think the only hard parts from what I understand are going to be the car chase sequence on Legend, Haruka's Requests (Pool Rotation and getting 950 on Oatmeal karaoke song) and the climax battles. Overall, it seems to be one of the easier Yakuza games.

My estimation: 5/6 difficulty if you've played Zero or other games in the series, otherwise this can jump up to a 7 and about 100~120 hrs time. Zero took me about 180 hrs for full completion.

8 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

I agree with Whitelightnin683, if you've played previous Yakuza games, it's much faster. The reason for this is that requirements for Adventure and Battle CP's will be in the back of your head from the beginning.

I completed Yakuza Kiwami a few months ago, and I did it in 75 hours I think. I had previously completed Zero (in 135 hours or so). Kiwami overall was not a difficult game, but there are difficult parts. The car chase on Legend difficulty is pretty brutal, but obviously not impossible. Haruka's pool and karaoke requests are quite infamous, but I breezed through those, so I don't know. Getting all weapons and items was an annoying grind, because I had to grind lots and lots of Collosseum matches to be able to afford stuff, as well as selling a lot of my inventory. But I think this could've been avoided if I had known that getting all items and weapons was a requirement. 

So... 

Time: 75-90 hours

Difficulty: 6/10 - some things are difficult, but most of the game is a 3/10 or 4/10. 

I think I got a pretty accurate idea from your comments. Taking note of the hard parts of the platinum, and especially knowing I have to get all items and weapons is helpful.

Thank you guys so much.