Tutorial trophy, Sparring mode exploit questions

SnakeonaBoat

When I started playing, I went to the tutorial mode for that trophy, only to find some of the last ones in stage four difficult to complete. Reading up on it, I saw that there were seemingly less tutorial lessons previously. So I reinstalled without a patch, and lo and behold, stage four only goes up to six instead of ten, cutting out all of the ones I left unfinished while letting me keep the ones already done. However, I also read that you only need to do the stage one through four tutorials to get the trophy, but it only popped once I finished the character ones.

So anybody who got it on the current patch, (1.08 I think), what tutorials do you actually need to do to get the trophy? As I said, I already have the trophy, but I'm just curious because I've read several different things. If I had kept on the patch, would I have had to do everything there?

Also, can you still get trophies in sparring mode in the current patch? I did all mine on the unpatched just to be sure, but again, I'm curious because I read somewhere you can't anymore.

1 hour ago, Angus1343 said:

Whoa, this opened my eyes. I was going through the tutorials a few months ago and I think yes you needed to do all. I was stuck on a certain one for awhile and stopped trying, but maybe I will try without the patch now with this information lol.

Was it the drama gauge tutorial, cause that shit was rough. Luckily, that's not included in the unpatched.

Also had issues with the pushblock cancel one, which is actually how I realized there were different tutorials. Tried to find a video of it, wasn't any I could see, and none of the guides mentioned it.

Okay, I'm looking at it now, and stage four only has four lessons, not six, so you have to do even less. Not to mention you only have to do eight character tutorials. Think I might try to run through it with a dummy account sometime on the patched version just to see what actually needs to be done.

Anyway, hope this helps you get the trophy!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SnakeonaBoat said:

Was it the drama gauge tutorial, cause that shit was rough. Luckily, that's not included in the unpatched.

Also had issues with the pushblock cancel one, which is actually how I realized there were different tutorials. Tried to find a video of it, wasn't any I could see, and none of the guides mentioned it.

Okay, I'm looking at it now, and stage four only has four lessons, not six, so you have to do even less. Not to mention you only have to do eight character tutorials. Think I might try to run through it with a dummy account sometime on the patched version just to see what actually needs to be done.

Anyway, hope this helps you get the trophy!

Lol yep, that's definitely the one. I think I may try this game again now. Thanks for sharing this.

• Like 1

So I tried to earn the tutorial trophy on the patched version with a quick dummy account, only doing the amount of lessons I did on the unpatched version, and it didn't pop. So I'd recommend doing the unpatched version for the shorter/easier lession amount, although I'm not sure what would happen if you already completed those tutorials before switching over. Did not test whether sparring mode exploits still work, as well.

17 hours ago, SnakeonaBoat said:

So I tried to earn the tutorial trophy on the patched version with a quick dummy account, only doing the amount of lessons I did on the unpatched version, and it didn't pop. So I'd recommend doing the unpatched version for the shorter/easier lession amount, although I'm not sure what would happen if you already completed those tutorials before switching over. Did not test whether sparring mode exploits still work, as well.

I had already completed them with the patch. I deleted the patch and the trophy popped after replaying one tutorial.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I just earned this about an hour ago, and thought I’d give my 2 cents.

I did Chapters 1 through 4 of the Tutorial, this includes the 4 extra ones mentioned, and it popped when I backed out to the Lesson Screen.

I never thought about unpatching it, but that is a very good alternative for those struggling. It also explains why the rarity went up. I thought it’d be Ultra Rare, but it wasn’t.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666