Amazon Preorders

dodgedoors

I believe Amazon oversold their pre-orders judging by the email I recieved from them today. 

We're writing to let you know the payment for order has been declined. We're having trouble completing the payment for the above order. The issuing bank may have declined the charge if the name, expiration date, or ZIP Code you entered at Amazon.com does not exactly match the bank's information. Valid payment information must be received within 3 days, otherwise your order will be canceled.*

Please visit your Order Details to update the payment information for your order.

UPDATE your payment method

I paid In full with a gift card so they had no need to run my card.  They Didn't run my card on any other purchases I made that day or since.  They are only giving customers 3 days to update if anything is wrong with their payment.  MY primary credit card  was expired but I have 3 others there that they could have run.  They shouldn't be running cards this early anyway, But especially not to people who paid with a Gift Card.

I changed my CC to a valid one and I'm still In line for my launch PS4 now.  I'm just saying it seemed a bit odd that they ran a credit card when I paid with a giftcard, and I still have a gift card balance of $400 dollars on top of the 400 for the system.  I could understand if they ran my credit card for all my pre orders including 2 games and a controller but they didn't.  I don't know I'm just warning the community to keep an eye on their emails if they pre ordered because I'd hate to see anyone lose out on their launch system.