Any good?

MMDE

It's just a very basic Mahjong solitaire game. You gotta complete like 120 levels or something I think, but all you gotta do in 'em is clear the "golden tiles". There's multiplier for points too. Basically, each game has 3 challenges. You will need a lot of stars to get the 100%. You get 1 star for just beating the game. The two other ones can be a mix of 3 different ones, which are for x amount or less moves, get x points, time etc.

Is that a question? 

You essentially described the game, that's exactly what it is. You need to earn stars to "buy" new "areas" to continue progressing (that's why they actually also sell stars for real money, but it's pointless, by completing the challenges you earn enough stars to continue, and if you run out of stars, just replay other maps to finish other challenges until you can continue. Either way, you need several maps with 3 stars for a trophy too). 

And from my understanding, it's exactly the same for Mahjong Carnival, and World, just change the background and pieces layout theme for each game. 

I only played Carnival on Vita, and it's enjoyable if you like those Mahjong solitaire games (I enjoyed it enough to buy Royal Towers and World on ps4, since they were on sale). 

At 2-3€ each, I think that it's a fair price, but personally, I think that the games are more suitable for the Vita than PS4 (that's why I didn't started the ones that I bought on PS4). I say this because it's something that can be played for a few minutes and stop + I'm not sure how the DS4 feels to play this, it really feels like a mouse or touch screen game. 

• 3 months later...
On 10/24/2019 at 5:36 AM, Han_the_Dragon said:

Is that a question? 

You essentially described the game, that's exactly what it is. You need to earn stars to "buy" new "areas" to continue progressing (that's why they actually also sell stars for real money, but it's pointless, by completing the challenges you earn enough stars to continue, and if you run out of stars, just replay other maps to finish other challenges until you can continue. Either way, you need several maps with 3 stars for a trophy too). 

And from my understanding, it's exactly the same for Mahjong Carnival, and World, just change the background and pieces layout theme for each game. 

I only played Carnival on Vita, and it's enjoyable if you like those Mahjong solitaire games (I enjoyed it enough to buy Royal Towers and World on ps4, since they were on sale). 

At 2-3€ each, I think that it's a fair price, but personally, I think that the games are more suitable for the Vita than PS4 (that's why I didn't started the ones that I bought on PS4). I say this because it's something that can be played for a few minutes and stop + I'm not sure how the DS4 feels to play this, it really feels like a mouse or touch screen game. 

Yes, I describe the games, that's the point of these threads. Just enjoy the threads, see what people feel about the game, and maybe contribute with your own. I'm not wondering if I should buy it or not, I already 100% the game before I do these threads.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

Yes, I describe the games, that's the point of these threads. Just enjoy the threads, see what people feel about the game, and maybe contribute with your own. I'm not wondering if I should buy it or not, I already 100% the game before I do these threads.

Ok, makes sense. 

This was the first time that I saw one of those threads, usually I only see the "trophy thoughts" type of threads for a somewhat similar end.